Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
purpleronnie

Which Decade Was The Best For Music?

Best Decade For Music?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. The best Decade For Music?

• 1950's
    • 1960's
    • 1970's
    • 1980's
    • 1990's

The 80's is beating the 60's oh dear, I think the reason of this poll has been lost.

It's purely a reflection of this forum's age profile. The majority of active posters were probably born in the 80s, so won't have a scooby about the range of music from earlier decades.

I was a teenager in the 60's but never really listened to music much. I liked the 70's rock but was never keen on disco which in its pure sense only lasted a few years brought on by Saturday Night Fever. Quite liked the 80's. Used to record a lot of stuff off the radio then. From the 90's I started getting bored with a lot of stuff and took more interest in the original roots of rock n roll and blues type music. Eric Clapton, Gary Moore etc. Now i rarely listen to the radio so know little about whats around. I can only comment negatively because all the media attention appears to be on TV talent shows. If I listen to radio then its something like Planet Rock. Its true that most peoples tastes stem from the the time they were born and I'll go further and say very few teenagers like the music their parents liked. Its a revolting thing. As for pre 50's before then all there was were the crooners and big bands. Teenagers had to listen to the oldies stuff and were normally quite willing to. But as they got more independant teenagers rebelled so was born rock'n'roll.

Pre 40's I actually like some of the 20's stuff. Very daring for its time. And pre that now I'm getting to be an old man I appreciate classical music more. The Planets, 1812 overture to name two. They must have influenced many artists and composers that followed them.

Archived