Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simon

Anyone know anything about word!

I've just closed down my dissertation window, and thinking it was a different document I didnt click to save changes!

Does anyone know how I can retreve this?? :S

Anyone who does will have my eternal gratitude!

I've just closed down my dissertation window, and thinking it was a different document I didnt click to save changes!

Does anyone know how I can retreve this??  :S

Anyone who does will have my eternal gratitude!

79306[/snapback]

Do you have autosave on?

I thought I did but I now cant find the option anywhere to see if I have. I have fast saves on and it saves for autorecover every 5 mins- is that the same?

Scowy, thanks, but no it didnt I just opened it up to see the damage and my contents page and my Methodology (so far) was gone! GRRRRR <_<

I thought I did but I now cant find the option anywhere to see if I have. I have fast saves on and it saves for autorecover every 5 mins- is that the same?

Scowy, thanks, but no it didnt I just opened it up to see the damage and my contents page and my Methodology (so far) was gone! GRRRRR  <_<

79322[/snapback]

Is there a back-up file in the same directory as your dissertation. :thumbup:;)

Scowy, thanks, but no it didnt I just opened it up to see the damage and my contents page and my Methodology (so far) was gone! GRRRRR  <_<

79322[/snapback]

Is there a back-up file in the same directory as your dissertation. :thumbup:;)

79373[/snapback]

There is but it appears to be corrupt- its just a load of symbols :(

I'm afraid you're screwed Simon...  :unsure:

79436[/snapback]

Nevermind- I'll just have to do those bits again tbh is only part of methodology (but a part I thought was really good and wont be able to write the same again) and my contents, but it meant sending it to my supervisor without them which looks a bit unprofessional but I still half nearly 2 months till it has to be in.

Thanks everyone for all your help :)

Have you tried opening the word file with all the funny symbols?? Often this is the back-up type file that it makes as a temporary save. Might be lucky, also make sure you save your diss on as many different places as poss to avoid a nightmare. Mine is on my laptop, my comp, my email and my MP3 player.

Have you tried opening the word file with all the funny symbols??  Often this is the back-up type file that it makes as a temporary save.  Might be lucky, also make sure you save your diss on as many different places as poss to avoid a nightmare.  Mine is on my laptop, my comp, my email and my MP3 player.

79441[/snapback]

Yeah the file is full of funny symbols :(

Nevermind...

Thanks all :)

Have you tried opening the word file with all the funny symbols??  Often this is the back-up type file that it makes as a temporary save.  Might be lucky, also make sure you save your diss on as many different places as poss to avoid a nightmare.  Mine is on my laptop, my comp, my email and my MP3 player.

79441[/snapback]

Yeah the file is full of funny symbols :(

Nevermind...

Thanks all :)

79471[/snapback]

My suggestion from now on is lots of Ctrl S. :thumbup:;)

Archived