Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phil

Wigan want Beckham

Ambitious Wigan Athletic have expressed interest in Real Madrid midfielder David Beckham.

Beckham is considering a return to England next season when Wigan will be in the Premiership as likely Championship champions.

"I don't think we'd be able to afford him," Dave Whelan, Wigan's chairman and owner, told the Telegraph.

"But anything that puts Wigan in the public eye is a good idea. There's no such thing as bad publicity."

Maurice Lindsay, chairman of the rugby league's Wigan Warriors, who share the JJB Stadium with the football club, also said: "We're not all cloth caps and whippets, you know. "And we're big admirers of David up here. Although he's got iconic status and all the bling, we appreciate that he's a great, great athlete with a tremendous engine."

Have I missed something?

Ambitious Wigan Athletic have expressed interest in Real Madrid midfielder David Beckham.

Beckham is considering a return to England next season when Wigan will be in the Premiership as likely Championship champions.

"I don't think we'd be able to afford him," Dave Whelan, Wigan's chairman and owner, told the Telegraph.

"But anything that puts Wigan in the public eye is a good idea. There's no such thing as bad publicity."

Maurice Lindsay, chairman of the rugby league's Wigan Warriors, who share the JJB Stadium with the football club, also said: "We're not all cloth caps and whippets, you know. "And we're big admirers of David up here. Although he's got iconic status and all the bling, we appreciate that he's a great, great athlete with a tremendous engine."

Have I missed something?

85927[/snapback]

.... only whatever they were smoking when they passed it round. :rolleyes:

you can tell its april fools day with some of the stories on BBC sport website:

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy wants Spurs to sign David Beckham. (Daily Express, Daily Mirror)

Southampton manager Harry Redknapp says striker Peter Crouch should be called up to the England squad. (Daily Mail)

Former Scotland striker Ally McCoist insists they are back in the race for a place in the World Cup finals next summer. (Daily Record)

lollollol

Former Scotland striker Ally McCoist insists they are back in the race for a place in the World Cup finals next summer. (Daily Record)

86276[/snapback]

That is a joke ! lol

Guest Daniel
Well done Ally McMoist that is the best april fools in ages! lol The Scots in A World Cup lol

86295[/snapback]

1998 when they lost 2-1 to Brazil.

I swear Brazil also beat England recently 2-1 in a world cup? :unsure:

Difference is England were unlucky and lost to the best player in the world and im pretty sure Scotland defended all match and lost to an own goal.

Also England are good and will qualify for the world cup. Scotland are crap and definately will not.

Difference is England were unlucky and lost to the best player in the world and im pretty sure Scotland defended all match and lost to an own goal.

Also England are good and will qualify for the world cup. Scotland are crap and definately will not.

86376[/snapback]

Can you say that agin for me please :D:D:D:thumbup:

86376[/snapback]

86392[/snapback]

England are GOOD and will qualify for the world cup. Scotland are CRAP and definatley will not

:thumbup:

to prove a point England are ranked 8th in the world between Holland and Portugal. Scotland are ranked equal 88th with Albania and Guinea, just behind Togo.

86376[/snapback]

86392[/snapback]

England are GOOD and will qualify for the world cup. Scotland are CRAP and definatley will not

:thumbup:

to prove a point England are ranked 8th in the world between Holland and Portugal. Scotland are ranked equal 88th with Albania and Guinea, just behind Togo.

86406[/snapback]

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO???? :P

Cheers Toon Boy :D

Guest Daniel

86376[/snapback]

Obviously you didnt watch either game then.

86376[/snapback]

86457[/snapback]

Are you scottish Dan?

86376[/snapback]

86457[/snapback]

Yeah but still, that was 7 years ago.

Scotland aren't as good now as they were then.

To be honest, I want Scotland to get a bit better, so we can have more matches like at Euro 96 :)

86376[/snapback]

86457[/snapback]

i could well be wrong about the scotland game beacuse it was ages ago and i dont really care but scotland were an okish team then and have gradually slipped down since then until they find themselves in the state they are now. why you defending them anyway?

And he wants to be the one that gets all the attention.

86759[/snapback]

Actually ive seen him in a Scotland shirt so he aint just saying it.

If anyone is the attention seeker its you 'pal' with your ' im leaving tantrums '.

And he wants to be the one that gets all the attention.

86759[/snapback]

Actually ive seen him in a Scotland shirt so he aint just saying it.

If anyone is the attention seeker its you 'pal' with your ' im leaving tantrums '.

86762[/snapback]

And when he's stuck pictures of his room up before with loads of Scotland shirts in the background.

Although I could just be imagining that.

Guest Daniel

Thank you lads.

I've always been a big scotland fan, as many of you know my grandmas from there, the reason im also a huge rangers fan.

No no pope of rome. No chapels no priests, no rossary beads and everydays like the twelth of july.

Archived