Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
James.

DJ Krush

Probably my favourite DJ.

Total legend in hip hop, both lyrical and instrumental.

Opened the doors of Japanese hip hop to me and is responsible for some of my favourite ever albums. Even if you think you don't like hip hop/trip hop/instrumental beats I'm confident you'll find something of his to love.

For starters how about this track -

Taken from his album Zen, a fantastic introduction to his world. Also contains an amazing collaboration with Black Thought (of The Roots). Buy it.

Probably my favourite DJ.

Total legend in hip hop, both lyrical and instrumental.

Opened the doors of Japanese hip hop to me and is responsible for some of my favourite ever albums. Even if you think you don't like hip hop/trip hop/instrumental beats I'm confident you'll find something of his to love.

For starters how about this track -

Taken from his album Zen, a fantastic introduction to his world. Also contains an amazing collaboration with Black Thought (of The Roots). Buy it.

you can't beat a bit of DJ Krush Meiso was so good!!

how early does your collection go?

do you have the...

Strictlyturntablized.jpg

Strictly Turntablized album or the A Whim single on Mo'wax?

if not let me know

• 3 weeks later...
This is quite possibly some of the most beautiful sounding music i've heard in Hiphop.

You can't beat a bit of DJ Krush Meiso is an amazing album imo it's all about the beats and you can't help but start bobbing your head

will upload an album if you fancy it?

Any other recomendations for me?

I'm on a bit of a musical spree.

While you on DJ Krush the CODE 4109 mix cd is just Sublime!!!

you are into Hip Hop I believe but thought you were a bit more "commercial" have you heard of Blackalicious? Solsides? Latryx anything along those lines?

While you on DJ Krush the CODE 4109 mix cd is just Sublime!!!

you are into Hip Hop I believe but thought you were a bit more "commercial" have you heard of Blackalicious? Solsides? Latryx anything along those lines?

I've heard of Blackalicious, just not heard anything from him.

But other than that none of those ring a bell.

I've heard of Blackalicious, just not heard anything from him.

But other than that none of those ring a bell.

They are all part of Solesides along with DJ Shadow, Quannum and so on you really need to check some of these out a great introduction to this family would be the following...

Quannum Spectrum

Solesides greatest Bumps

both compilation albums that include the likes of Blackalicious, Shadow and so on both are such brilliant compilations and a great introduction to Hip Hop that is solely about beats and rhyming!!

Nia by Blackalicious is also a great album

They are all part of Solesides along with DJ Shadow, Quannum and so on you really need to check some of these out a great introduction to this family would be the following...

Quannum Spectrum

Solesides greatest Bumps

both compilation albums that include the likes of Blackalicious, Shadow and so on both are such brilliant compilations and a great introduction to Hip Hop that is solely about beats and rhyming!!

Nia by Blackalicious is also a great album

I'll definetly check both of them out.

;)

I'll definetly check both of them out.

;)

obviously you can also check out the likes of...

Jurassic 5

The Roots

Dr Octagon

The Automator

Handsome Boy Modeling School (So hows your girl album is just immense)

DJ Cam (Substances and The Beat Assasinated are very Krush cinematic style tunes but from France this time)

Dilated Peoples

and many more that I haven't listed

obviously you can also check out the likes of...

Jurassic 5

The Roots

Dr Octagon

The Automator

Handsome Boy Modeling School (So hows your girl album is just immense)

DJ Cam (Substances and The Beat Assasinated are very Krush cinematic style tunes but from France this time)

Dilated Peoples

and many more that I haven't listed

I've been into The Roots for a while, and everything I've heard from Dilated Peoples has been quality.

Archived