Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AoWW

Help - what was the name of a particular song / artist?

Heard a song the other day on TV that I hadn't heard for years. Slight problem is I've remarkably little to go on to try and remember it.

I think the above dates may give some clue, and it was a laid-back, dance/club type tune. Think it was a 'one off' for whoever the artist was.

Only 'unusual' thing about the track was that it had 'jungle-type bird noise' in the background. May have had lyrics... unsure.

I'll remember the name if someone says it though! :D

Sorry - it's a crap 'needle in a haystack' kinda ask.... but any suggestions?... :dunno:

:S

Ooh... think I had it on a 'mix' album which also had French Kiss by Lil' Louis on it. Which would have made it about 1989. Blimey, I'm old. :(

what tv programme/advert did you see it on any ideas?

Erm, no, not certain. Though I think it was on one of the sky music channels which was doing a 'chillout anthems' type-review. Was a tad pissed at the time and I was like "oh wow.... I remember this..." :blush: It's weird - it was obviously a song that I immediately associated with lazing/dancing around to in a drug-induced haze drunken state in my teens but that had since completely slipped from my radar... yet it felt like it was 'pivotal' in my music history.

I keep trying to remember more about it but it's like a dream that you can't quite 'grasp'. I don't think it had lyrics, because if it did I'm sure I'd remember them more. It reminded me of Africa/jungles and was a kinda 'trippy' track - very much house/acid/rave scene. Guess if I had to give it a genre it would be 'electronica'. A little 'early Chicane-esque' I suppose.

Also think my earlier 'one hit wonder' statement may be misleading... they might have gone on to mix all other kinds of stuff - although I only really associate them with this track. :/

I think I have it... well maybe is it this could be not sure

808 state pacific

Yes, yes, yes!!! That's the one. You're a genius - how the hell you figured that from the sketchy info I gave, I'll never know. Thank you. :kissing:

That's what I was thinking of.

You're too young to have heard of it, surely?! :S

Yes, yes, yes!!! That's the one. You're a genius - how the hell you figured that from the sketchy info I gave, I'll never know. Thank you. :kissing:

You're too young to have heard of it, surely?! :S

yes I am a genius at last somebody has noticed and mentioned this fact.

actually it was fairly easy first of all I thought about the Lil Louis thing and that lates 80's scene (of which I am to young to remember ;) ) thought of some songs put A Guy called Geralds voodoo ray in youtube and BANG first song on related videos was 808 state and then it was mission complete as they say

Jay - is there anything you haven't heard in the entire history of the musical world?! :D

Strange you should mention that but a few months ago in a moment of boredom at work we played this rock music quiz thing it was 55 questions I got 54 and the only one I didn't get I gave the answer to someone else strangely nobody wanted to play it again... :dunno:

I love my music it's my big big passion (besides Leicester of course) a massive range of styles and genres I am a bit of a nerd about it I guess I enjoy buying magazines like Mojo, Big Cheese etc every month reading the reviews and checking out new bands online and so on

yes I am a genius at last somebody has noticed and mentioned this fact.

actually it was fairly easy first of all I thought about the Lil Louis thing and that lates 80's scene (of which I am to young to remember ;) ) thought of some songs put A Guy called Geralds voodoo ray in youtube and BANG first song on related videos was 808 state and then it was mission complete as they say

:worship::clap::worship:

Archived