Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Muz

Scowcroft Leaving Soon!

I'm a fan of Scowy's (player and intrepid correspondent) but as I said before, every player has his price and I think that a million is a fair whack and shouldn't be ignored.

However, Mickey has said that only players that he wants to leave will go now so will he stand his ground or does he have other plans? It may well be that the board insist on taking the money to fund the purchase of Williams.

There's so much that we don't know about.

What really pisses me of though is when people call him a crap winger. He's playing right midfield for god's sake, not right wing. Yes, on occasions he will fill the role of a right winger when going forwards but his contribution is far more (and vastly different) to what some of you seem to expect ie, some sort of pseudo speedy little dribbler/ball crosser.

With Canero behind him and overlapping, they could form a nice little partnership but it seems that we might not get to see them together too much.

I'm a fan of Scowy's (player and intrepid correspondent) but as I said before, every player has his price and I think that a million is a fair whack and shouldn't be ignored.

However, Mickey has said that only players that he wants to leave will go now so will he stand his ground or does he have other plans? It may well be that the board insist on taking the money to fund the purchase of Williams.

What really pisses me of though is when people call him a crap winger. He's playing right midfield for god's sake, not right wing. Yes, on occasions he will fill the role of a right winger when going forwards but his contribution is far more (and vastly different) to what some of you seem to expect ie, some sort of pseudo speedy little dribbler/ball crosser.

With Canero behind him and overlapping, they could form a nice little partnership but it seems that we might not get to see them together too much.

Some very good points there, I was moaning about him before but some of those points have influenced my opinion. However am I right to still be worried about his positioning and the danger of our right back being vulnerable? What do you think about him defensively? :)

I think he lacks a bit of pace when chasing a player but he does read the game well which allows him to get away with it (not always though) As a tackler, I think he's average.

I think with tackling we look to our best exponents and concentrate a bit on ferocity, judging everybody by that standard. Someone like Steve Walsh or Ben Thatcher were hard tacklers and loved by the crowds, but they weren't always good tacklers if that makes sense. They could commit themselves too early or give away free kicks in dangerous positions but we loved them for their attitude as much as anything.

Compare that to the likes of Guppy who used to look as though he'd burst into tears at the thought of a tackle and you get your two extremes. Someone somewhere should be able to get last seasons opta stats which will tell us how good scowy is at tackling.

I do think he's the kind of player who works hard, but you don't really notice, this might be because he is so big and slow. I think his tackling is alright but although you say his reading of the game his good, I disagree slightly because he always seems to look lost in his own half, hopefully a commanding right back like Makin will sort him out closing down players e.t.c But if he goes for 1million anyway I'm not going to complain.

I wouldn't object to another midfielder coming in if he goes, but I think Gillespie deserves another chance. He looked very competitive against East Bengal putting in quality tackles and basically looking as if he gave a sh*t. Sack that if he's drinking again though!

I would miss Scowcroft as a player but I think 1Million is too good to refuse, because he'll probably go at the end of the season if we don't get promoted. I certainly wouldn't boo him or anything he's given us three good years and not a single moan.

At least give Canero a fair chance before forming an opinion,he's hardly played.Let him have a run in the team then if he isn't up to it feel free to slate him.I'd like to see him Right back with Makin switching to left back,Tiatto left wing when available.I just don't understand people who are condemning players after 2 or 3 appearances and a few substitue appearances.As for Scowcroft,I really don't know..he's good for this level but looking at the bigger picture the money mentioned is too good to turn down.

Guest Guest

Fair point, but my argument is the fact that he's a very good striker but as a winger/midfielder he is nothing special. The problem is he's never going to play upfront under Adams, so basically we are just accommodating Scowcroft by playing him in midfield for no reason. Have him battling out as a striker and use a proper winger/midfielder in his current position. Our left wing is hardly capable of firing in crosses with Wilcox and Stewart and neither is Scowcroft so it is essential that one of your wingers is actually a natural out and out winger.

Canero and Scowy could link up quite well, but Canero doesn't seem to be getting a look in which is annoying.

The words Richie Partridge excite me

so it is essential that one of your wingers is actually a natural out and out winger.

The only point i would contend there is that it may be preferable as opposed to essential to have an out and out winger, depends on your slant.

Personally, I don't think there's many better sights on a footy pitch than a winger taking people on and getting crosses in. Problem is, when they don't get round their man they're criticised for it. It's such a confidence position.

I hope he stays. He has some shoddy moments of course, but he's fantastic in this Div.

The annoying thing is where to play him, because he doesn't really do it on the wing for me. Canero, and maybe even Gillespie, should get a chance at this level and if they do no good then just use Scowy. I really want Canero to play alot this season, but I can't see it happening with Scowy here. ;)

I hope he stays. He has some shoddy moments of course, but he's fantastic in this Div.

The annoying thing is where to play him, because he doesn't really do it on the wing for me.  Canero, and maybe even Gillespie, should get a chance at this level and if they do no good then just use Scowy. I really want Canero to play alot this season, but I can't see it happening with Scowy here.  ;)

Everyone sses that he is good in this division, which he probably is. You all tell mickey to think about the future, and selling scowcroft is thinking about the future, we get a cool million out of it, and he wont be leaving on a free at the end of the season or getting a stupid contrat so he can fail in the prem when we get promoted.

so it is essential that one of your wingers is actually a natural out and out winger.

The only point i would contend there is that it may be preferable as opposed to essential to have an out and out winger, depends on your slant.

Personally, I don't think there's many better sights on a footy pitch than a winger taking people on and getting crosses in. Problem is, when they don't get round their man they're criticised for it. It's such a confidence position.

I don't think we have anyone in the squad at the moment who is capable of playing in that role, with the exception of maybe Canero or possibly Morris. Stewart and Gillespie rarely get past their man, and when they do, they fail to deliver the goods. Lee Morris is always injured, so we can forget about him for the mean time. Wilcox is just too slow and doesn't seem to like to run with the ball. I'm not so sure about Canero - He played well against Man City at home, but he didn't really get past players and put crosses in, he just showed alot of energy and determination.

Besides, you don't always have to beat a man to put a cross in........

I don't think we have anyone in the squad at the moment who is capable of playing in that role, with the exception of maybe Canero or possibly Morris. Stewart and Gillespie rarely get past their man, and when they do, they fail to deliver the goods. Lee Morris is always injured, so we can forget about him for the mean time. Wilcox is just too slow and doesn't seem to like to run with the ball. I'm not so sure about Canero - He played well against Man City at home, but he didn't really get past players and put crosses in, he just showed alot of energy and determination.

Besides, you don't always have to beat a man to put a cross in........

like beckham and guppy have shown <_<

Archived