Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Muz

Scowcroft Leaving Soon!

' James Scowcroft will complete his £1,000,000 move to Premiership newboys Norwich on Tuesday presuming he passes a medical '

Got this out of East Anglian Times!

My dad gets it to our house because he's an Ipswich fan!Its yesterdays issue!

I hope he goes A MILLION FOR HIM COME ON!We could go and buy Marlon Harewood with that!

Guest Guest

Quite unbelievable how people are glad that we might lose someone who was a key part of our previous promotion campaign, will score goals in this league, and worked his nads off on Saturday trying to support Connolly while keeping West Ham from breaking from the left flank

And glad that we will replace him with Canero, who has yet to prove himself in any league, apart from the Mickey Mouse one in Scotland - and even that's debatable if you listen to some Killie fans

You people are simpletons

Guest Guest
Quite unbelievable how people are glad that we might lose someone who was a key part of our previous promotion campaign, will score goals in this league, and worked his nads off on Saturday trying to support Connolly while keeping West Ham from breaking from the left flank

And glad that we will replace him with Canero, who has yet to prove himself in any league, apart from the Mickey Mouse one in Scotland - and even that's debatable if you listen to some Killie fans

Canero was class when he played for us and speaking to several Killie fans on-line when we signed him they said he was their best player they'd had for years.

Hmmm Scowy, you spoil me.

Correct

I'd sooner Scowy stayed but while he is at this club he will play week in week out no matter what which is wrong. £1m for a average player at this level is bloody good.

Thanks Jamie but now's the time to say goodbye.

Guest Guest
Canero was class when he played for us

When was that, then exactly ?????

Do you people actually go to any of the games ?

Scowy is more important to the team than Canero, who cant even make the bench, I for one hope he stays, after all he is now one of our longest serving players! and he gives us options.

I would play him up front with Connelly on Wednesday, dont think Blake is fit enough.

Guest Guest

He played extremely well against Man City when we drew 1-1, where you out shopping that day?

He was our best player at Charlton by miles.

But I bet you don't go away games :ph34r:

£1 Million? Snap their hands off......

We obviously won't receive the whole fee, but we would save on his wages aswell (rumoured to be around 17k) which means we could possibly bring in about another 3/4 players. I would personally be sad to see him go. ;) He has remained loyal to us, and has never asked for a move. He is very useful at this level and his goals from the right wing could mean the difference between play offs/automatic promotion. However, this has only come from one source, a local paper.

Never been a big fan of his although like a lot of players i think he is a good Div1 player and he is one of our better players that are required for this level also if £1million is correct and by today's market with the like's of Butt only costing£2.5Million then it has to be good buisness for City get the wage bill down and replace him ,but i believe in wingers and that's not how we play so perhaps im biased on this subject :!:

Guest Guest

I go to every game, including reserve team fixtures

He had a good twenty minutes against Brum, and then looked hopelessly out of his depth in the Everton game (would mummy not let you go that day ?)

Another few nondescript appearances at sub - and one average game against Man City.

If I remember correctly he was subbed at Charlton

One good game of twenty minutes and a couple of average performances - compared with Scowcroft's contribution throughout the whole 02/03 campaign, and even his contribution last year, which was more effective than Canero's.

But no, let's get rid of Scowie and put in some crappo who played well for fifteen miutes, but has been average at best ever since

I love you people

I went to all those games you mentioned and I think you ahve been watching a different game mate. Canero has been good in all his matches and has looked much better than scowcroft.

Another why dont you just sign up to post your points instead of being a guest??

Guest Guest
I go to every game, including reserve team fixtures

He had a good twenty minutes against Brum, and then looked hopelessly out of his depth in the Everton game (would mummy not let you go that day ?)

Another few nondescript appearances at sub - and one average game against Man City.

If I remember correctly he was subbed at Charlton

One good game of twenty minutes and a couple of average performances - compared with Scowcroft's contribution throughout the whole 02/03 campaign, and even his contribution last year, which was more effective than Canero's.

But no, let's get rid of Scowie and put in some crappo who played well for fifteen miutes, but has been average at best ever since

I love you people

But my point is mate that Scowy will never play as a striker for us, which is his best position and I feel that a million pound for him is sound business. We can then get a new right winger, that can beat a man and do what a wingers job is. To supply crosses and chances for the strikers, with our left wing looking dodgy too (Wilcox and Stewart) where are the crosses going to come from? Scowy isn't that good out wide, he does a job but it's the wrong job. Get him up front, or don't play him at all. He is on £17k a week, contract runs out in june so a million for him plus nearly the same again in wages is shrewd business.

As for Canero, he's impressed me whenever i've seen him which is every game except the Charlton one. He had a dodgy game against Everton, but everyone had crap games Scowcroft more than most.

Don't cry

It said in the news of the world on sunday that he was going to Norwich for a million!

There is apparantly late intrest from WBA as well so this means all the promoted teams want him!

It said in the news of the world on sunday that he was going to Norwich for a million!

There is apparantly late intrest from WBA as well so this means all the promoted teams want him!

News of the world? So I would imagine the local newspaper adapted this story then....

Hmmmm, accurate.

Archived