Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RM87

Academy beat the Villa .

Did any of you go down to the training ground this morning and watch Leicester lads beat Villa ? Well if you didn't you missed a great game with goals from Billy Kee and Craig King . The lads played like lions and at times out classed the villa players ...final score Leicester 2 Villa 0 A fantastic result for a young squad .

Did any of you go down to the training ground this morning and watch Leicester lads beat Villa ? Well if you didn't you missed a great game with goals from Billy Kee and Craig King . The lads played like lions and at times out classed the villa players ...final score Leicester 2 Villa 0 A fantastic result for a young squad .

Yes I went an epic battle in very difficult windy conditions. A very physical but not dirty game, I thought the first half was fairly even but the introduction of Cox in mid-field and Kee up front provided us with a little bit more steel and made the difference in the second half.

Shame they didn't let people know about the change in KO time from 11 to 12 which I'm guessing was down to the first team squad training, certainly Pearson, Shakespeare, Morrison, King and Chambers were out and about down there.

Some one drove of in Tunchev's sponsored car, I'm guessing it wasn't Tunchevicon6.gif

Second half goals by Billy Kee and Craig King gave Leicester City U18's the result of their season so far at Belvoir Drive today, a 2-0 win over second placed Aston Villa.

Resilience and sound match tactics were the key for fourth-placed City.

On a soft ground and in gusty conditions it was never going to be fancy football but City restricted Villa to only two or three decent chances in the first half as the visitors enjoyed the wind at their backs.

Those big moments came with headers, one from no more than five yards and another from virtually on the goalline. How Villa failed to take either without even hitting the target is difficult to understand but they did and their wastefulness cost them.

With Leicester considerably more of a threat second half they finally broke through when a slick move involving Lee Cox and Robbie Burns ended with Billy Kee being upended in the box and recovering to despatch the resulting penalty.

Centre-back Tom Parkes brought a breathtaking reflex save from the visiting keeper with a close range header before the game was settled by Craig King 8 minutes from time.

Livewire King got just reward for finding the energy to drive himself forward from close to the halfway line to pick up a deft pass from Burns and finish with a pinpoint shot across goal into the corner of the net from 18 yards.

City did well early on to subdue Villa's right winger who enjoyed a dangerous first 20 minutes before finally being quietened by first left-back Joe Cobb, making a welcome reutrn from injury in a protective face mask and then right-back Luke O'Neill when the winger switched sides.

In fact City's sometimes criticised defence deserved praise all round with giant red-haired centre-back Cian Bolger winning every header with emphasis and making his fair share of valuable interceptions on the floor. Bolger looked the real business aerially and if he can develop enough sharpness, motive power and mobility on the floor he really could be a prospect.

One tackle near the end emphasised Leicester's steely determination throughout because thought it earned him a booking, the explosion of the impact could be heard by every one of the 200-odd spectators and the visiting number 8 was clearly still feeling it for the remainder of the game.

Alongside Bolger, Tom Parkes was equally "no nonsense" and second half the pair of them found time to get forward and help to increase City's threat.

Not that the created a great deal. Kee looked understandably short of his sharpest on his return from injury but still got theimpoprtant breakthrough and manager a fiearsome shot from a free-kick which was, sadly, much too high.

Villa mustered a couple more chances second half but squandered them and could have no complaints in the end.

Man of the Match? Not easy in what was essentially a combative game.

In fact I'd share it between centre-back Bolger and the energetic forward, Craig King whose goal sealed the game and whose workrate set an example for all. But it was a day when everyone played a creditworthy part in beating accomplished opponents.

I must have missed you Thracian :dunno:

If you turned up an hour early I think we passed in our motors as you were leaving and I was going in. I headed off down to the FoxesTalk game but took umbrage at being expected to fiddle around finding change for a parking machine just to visit a park in my own City and so went back to Belvoir Drive. I was up by the halfway line shelters.

If you turned up an hour early I think we passed in our motors as you were leaving and I was going in. I headed off down to the FoxesTalk game but took umbrage at being expected to fiddle around finding change for a parking machine just to visit a park in my own City and so went back to Belvoir Drive. I was up by the halfway line shelters.

I went to the LCFC concourse sale - waste of time and then to Morrison's for a coffee and a bacon sandwich, the coffee was weak and the bacon cold.

I was on the halfway line 1st half, we must have been standing next to each othericon6.gif but down by the goal in the 2nd.

A big crowd with many Villa fans going away disappointed :P

I went to the LCFC concourse sale - waste of time and then to Morrison's for a coffee and a bacon sandwich, the coffee was weak and the bacon cold.

I was on the halfway line 1st half, we must have been standing next to each othericon6.gif but down by the goal in the 2nd.

A big crowd with many Villa fans going away disappointed :P

Remarkable...I was next to Craig King's grandfather and to the left of a huge Irishman who looked like he might have been related to Bolger.

OS

Leicester City's academy side recorded back-to-back victories as they saw off Aston Villa at Belvoir Drive on Saturday.

Second half goals from substitute Billy Kee and then Craig King (pictured) sealed the win against their FA Premier Academy League rivals.

Cian Bolger came close for the Foxes inside five minutes but his header flashed across the Villa goal.

Elliott Chamberlain saw his shot comfortably saved in the 15th minute before Mark Albrighton blazed over for the visitors.

Leicester weathered early second-half pressure before Tom Parkes' goal-bound header was saved on the hour.

But the stalemate was broken in the 76th minute when Kee was brought down inside the penalty area - the striker dusted himself down to fire home the spot kick.

And the Foxes secured all three points four minutes from time as King latched on to a perfectly weighted Robbie Burns pass and side-footed the ball underneath the Villa keeper from twelve yards.

Steve Beaglehole's side return to action on Friday when they travel to Bristol City.

City: Ambrusics, Cobb, Bolger, Parkes, O'Neill, John, Hicks (57 Cox), Moore, Burns, C King, Chamberlain (57 Kee)

OS

Leicester City's academy side recorded back-to-back victories as they saw off Aston Villa at Belvoir Drive on Saturday.

Second half goals from substitute Billy Kee and then Craig King (pictured) sealed the win against their FA Premier Academy League rivals.

Cian Bolger came close for the Foxes inside five minutes but his header flashed across the Villa goal.

Elliott Chamberlain saw his shot comfortably saved in the 15th minute before Mark Albrighton blazed over for the visitors.

Leicester weathered early second-half pressure before Tom Parkes' goal-bound header was saved on the hour.

But the stalemate was broken in the 76th minute when Kee was brought down inside the penalty area - the striker dusted himself down to fire home the spot kick.

And the Foxes secured all three points four minutes from time as King latched on to a perfectly weighted Robbie Burns pass and side-footed the ball underneath the Villa keeper from twelve yards.

Steve Beaglehole's side return to action on Friday when they travel to Bristol City.

City: Ambrusics, Cobb, Bolger, Parkes, O'Neill, John, Hicks (57 Cox), Moore, Burns, C King, Chamberlain (57 Kee)

Where FoxesTalk leads... :D

Archived