Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stuliasz

Brighton Player Ratings

I agree with you, but people always see the game differently.

Partly relates to how you view a "mixed" performance, I think.

On the plus side, Cleverley played some incisive passes, showed good mobility and penetrated their 9-man defence with some good runs.

On the minus side, he played some poor passes and gave the ball away a number of times.

Particularly for a player new to the team and particularly in an "attack v. defence" game like this one, the pluses outweigh the minuses, so he's worth a "7/10". much more than a player who didn't give the ball away much but didn't look like breaching their defence (e.g. King, Oakley).

He looked one of the players most likely to create a breakthrough. Once he's got used to the team, hopefully he'll lose the ball less and be a very good player for us.

Partly relates to how you view a "mixed" performance, I think.

On the plus side, Cleverley played some incisive passes, showed good mobility and penetrated their 9-man defence with some good runs.

On the minus side, he played some poor passes and gave the ball away a number of times.

Particularly for a player new to the team and particularly in an "attack v. defence" game like this one, the pluses outweigh the minuses, so he's worth a "7/10". much more than a player who didn't give the ball away much but didn't look like breaching their defence (e.g. King, Oakley).

He looked one of the players most likely to create a breakthrough. Once he's got used to the team, hopefully he'll lose the ball less and be a very good player for us.

King was actually nearest to breaching their defence with his on-target shot which was deflected onto a post.

Archived