Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Walsh Wants Ruthlessness

http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/details.asp?b...6269754|p|536|0

Steve Walsh today challenged Leicester City to achieve a glorious treble - the League One title, 100 points and 100 goals.

The legendary defender says it is time for City to “go for the jugular” and put even more distance between themselves and the rest.

Nigel Pearson's charges are 10 points clear going into today's clash with Oldham at the Walkers Stadium (5.20) and Walsh said it is time for City “to be ruthless.”

He said: “There's no need to go easy on people or risk being complacent. I want us to go for the jugular. I want the (League One) title, 100 points and 100 goals and I don't think any of these targets are out of our reach.”

City have 67 points from 29 games, having scored 58 goals, and Walsh has thrown down the gauntlet to them after being impressed with the 2-1 win at Northampton and the 4-1 success at Walsall.

“They were two tricky away games and we scrapped it out against the Cobblers and absolutely mauled Walsall who had just beaten in-form Leeds,” he said.

Walsh said City's ability to share out the goals has also been a critical factor in the impressive march towards the title.

Matty Fryatt took his season's tally to 25 at the Banks's Stadium with fellow striker Steve Howard moving to 10 after grabbing City's fourth.

Midfielder Andy King also scored in the match to reach double figures and Lloyd Dyer's winner at Sixfields was his ninth of the campaign.

“They have all got back on the goal trail and the Walsall game really opened my eyes to just how consistent we are,” said Walsh.

City's unbeaten 16-match run has also led to individual accolades for manager Pearson and skipper Matt Oakley.

Pearson missed out on the January manager-of-the-month award to Colchester's Paul Lambert and Walsh said: “The only reason why Pearson didn't win it is because his cabinet is already full. They had better make room for the manager-of-the-year trophy.”

Oakley is up for the January player-of-the-month award and Walsh added: “The team are benefiting from his influence.”

City are expecting another attendance in excess of 20,000 for this evening's clash. Thousands of fans have taken up the Mercury cut-price ticket offer.

That highlighted quote made me laugh loads!!!

Anyway, it's true. There's no reason why we can't aim for the triple - Title, 100 goals and 100 points. It's there for the taking.

No. I don't think he's been on there all season.

None of the fcukwits that appeared last night are fit to lace his drinks.

The 100 point target may be attainable. The 100 goal target certainly isn't.

If Walshy ever bothered studying for his coaching badges, he'd know why.

Archived