Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

I want to prove a point, vows Brown

I want to prove a point, vows Brown

by Bill Anderson

Leicester City's latest newcomer, Wayne Brown, is champing at the bit for more action.

brown-fr0709.jpg

And the 31-year-old central defender is hoping that success at the Walkers Stadium can help him to a point.

Brown was a virtual ever-present last season in the Hull side which won promotion to the Premier League through the play-offs.

But this term he made only one Premier League and one Carling Cup appearance for the Tigers before moving to City on loan during the January transfer window.

Brown said: "I found it very frustrating, getting to Wembley and back to the Premier League without really getting a chance.

"So I now want to prove some people wrong.

"I am at a very good club now, I am an ambitious lad and I want to be successful and for the club to be successful."

Brown is hoping to see some action in the clash against Swindon at the Walkers Stadium tomorrow. But he has known all along that it was going to be tough breaking into the best defence in League One.

He said: "It is not like any other loan deal where you come for a month or so and play maybe six games. I know there is a bigger picture and it is one I am willing to be patient about.

"I have confidence in my ability and, when I do get into the team, I need to make that shirt mine.

"That is something I have had to do all through my career and being at Leicester is no different."

It could still be a waiting game for Brown tomorrow because Jack Hobbs and Michael Morrison show few signs of giving up their places. Brown said: "The lads have done very well in the last three games since I have been at the club so the manager would be naive to change it while they are doing so well.

"But, if I can keep them on their toes, await my opportunity and bring experience to the team, that is just something I will have to do."

Brown is on initial loan from the Tigers but it is with a view to a permanent deal in the summer.

The back four in front of David Martin is full of young bloods who have done very well.

But, as the season enters its critical stages, an older head like Brown's may be needed.

He said: "I have played in this division, got out this division (with Colchester), and I know what it takes to cross that finishing line.

"The lads have done very well, put themselves in a very good position and it is down to them to keep doing what they have been doing all season.

"If I can come in and add to that, it is a bonus.

Brown hopes City can take another step towards promotion tomorrow against Swindon whether he gets a taste of the action or not.

He said: "Every club at this stage in the season has got something to play for. They are looking to get up the table while we are looking to put more daylight between ourselves and MK Dons.

"I see the same signs here as in my other promotion teams (Colchester, Hull and Ipswich).

"The belief the players have got, instilled by the manager, is there for everyone to see.

"You can see from the off how much drive and will to win the gaffer has and it is something I want to be part of."

Link

Least it shows he is wanting to play for us.

Cue finnegan being mardy and closing the thread :P

LETS HOPE YOUR RIGHT ABOUT THE WELSH WHEN IT COMES TO SATURDAY EVENING-SWING LOW.................................
You are my least favourite poster on Foxestalk.

He's giving me a headache with all this shouting. :S

Sod it, I'm off to the match shortly.

We'll see who shouts loudest then. :chant:

Hes not getting in the team without an injury or a hideous run of form.

Why he wants to join us is a mystery to me, once The Tunch is back next season hes got no chance.

Then theres always Kisnorbo, although when he played this season we went on our worst run.

Then he got injured again and we are unbeaten in 17.

Not a fan of Kisnorbo now im afraid, Morrison and Hobbs are doing well, especially Morrison.

Archived