Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Wenger

Just saw this on the Sky Sports website about the net spending of the top 20 clubs in england....

wenger6uq.png

Wenger has won 3 titles and 2 Fa cups while managing to come mid table in the net spending table, whilst at the same time creating a team that has played the best football the Premiership has ever seen. That is remarkable. Probably the best manager in the transfer market in my opinion.

Just saw this on the Sky Sports website about the net spending of the top 20 clubs in england....

wenger6uq.png

Wenger has won 3 titles and 2 Fa cups while managing to come mid table in the net spending table, whilst at the same time creating a team that has played the best football the Premiership has ever seen. That is remarkable.  Probably the best manager in the transfer market in my opinion.

102576[/snapback]

He is the 5th highest spender though. But yeh he has bought players in cheap, made them better players and slod them for more. I still dont like him though. :D

Does it indicate over what period of time, some of those clubs e.g. Liverpool have changed managers so it would be difficult, Wenger/Fergie and a few others aside to use it to judge the relevant transfer skills of managers.

Wenger still the best though.

He seems to be very good at getting unknown players cheap and getting the best out of them.

Van Persie and Fabregas were unheard of but they will both be good players for a number of years.

Also people forget Henry was an unwanted left-sided midfielder when he was at Juventus and Wenger saw his potential up front and now he is one of the best in the world.

Archived