Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
artursteppe

Conjecture - I love it!

Players going, others to follow - Players coming in, more to follow.

Analysis - what will it mean, will we be improved, will we get promotion, or even be champions - or could it all end in tears again.

We are all trying to guess what Nigel's great plan is, his vision for the season.

So far the shifts in and out seem to suggest a leaning towards 4-3-3. Vardy is a striker/wide man, so is Nugent. Marshall has the skills to not only play wide, but also in the middle. Maybe Waghorn and Hopper could be used wide or in the middle. Add to that the central midfield players we have now - Drinkwater, James, Danns and maybe King.

Of course even with the existing crop we could still play 4-4-2 - I am just commenting on the movements so far.

The intrigue will be based around these questions, will any out of Dyer, King or Gallagher be moved on, will Stewart or someone similar be brought in to play wide, would indicate a leaning back toward 4-4-2 as would the acquisition of a Heskey or a Fuller.

The defence, which seems to be getting sorted now, will be what it is, but having one of apparently the quickest players in the country at right back ( De Laet ) is always helpful in any formation, especially with a three man midfield.

Fascinating to see how things will develop.

I'm actually quite excited to see how we do this season.

Similarly to England, we essentially have an "on-paper" less talented side that we would like, perhaps. But i'd prefer 11 average players working hard for each other, who know how to play to each others strengths - rather than having to accomodate ego's and bad attitudes. Pearson WILL get this right.

I'm actually quite excited to see how we do this season.

Similarly to England, we essentially have an "on-paper" less talented side that we would like, perhaps. But i'd prefer 11 average players working hard for each other, who know how to play to each others strengths - rather than having to accomodate ego's and bad attitudes. Pearson WILL get this right.

Totally agree.

At least Pearson is signing players that can fit in to different formations so we will have tactical options unlike the beginning of last season. I still think there will be at least 6 more coming in though so the conjecture will continue for about another 9 weeks yet

Suppose it depends how close the other two are to the striker. I know Nugent played in a 4-3-3 for Portsmouth before, but played wider. If the two wide players of the three are close enough to support, I don't see why Nugent can't play as the striker.

On the other hand, he can play wider (as I've seen before) as long as he is closer, not too far wide, if you get me. I mean, I think we tried him wide left a couple of times last season but he was too far wide and not in the game.

If three strikers are playing in a 4-3-3 (highly unlikely because Marshall would be one I guess) then I don't want it changing to a 4-5-1 constantly, because not all strikers are decent out wide.

At least Pearson is signing players that can fit in to different formations so we will have tactical options unlike the beginning of last season. I still think there will be at least 6 more coming in though so the conjecture will continue for about another 9 weeks yet

6 more , be a bit more realistic mate :P

Suppose it depends how close the other two are to the striker. I know Nugent played in a 4-3-3 for Portsmouth before, but played wider. If the two wide players of the three are close enough to support, I don't see why Nugent can't play as the striker.

On the other hand, he can play wider (as I've seen before) as long as he is closer, not too far wide, if you get me. I mean, I think we tried him wide left a couple of times last season but he was too far wide and not in the game.

If three strikers are playing in a 4-3-3 (highly unlikely because Marshall would be one I guess) then I don't want it changing to a 4-5-1 constantly, because not all strikers are decent out wide.

Agree with all of that!

I think the general consensus is that James would be the sitting midfielder in a midfield 3... A bit like Scholes' role for Man Utd, and Vardy could play on the left with Marshall on the right... I'd still get a new winger in though!

I know this is going to sound like a bit of a dampener but this thread is a carbon copy of the last pre- season. I think seeing is believing should be a more realistic outlook.

I predict the first 10 games will cause many Foxestalk arguments on how we need more time for the players to gel together when results go badly

I know this is going to sound like a bit of a dampener but this thread is a carbon copy of the last pre- season. I think seeing is believing should be a more realistic outlook.

I don't think it is Flowy to be honest

Last pre season was full of hope and expectation, particularly as we started to get linked with 'big names'

This pre season is more about rumours of getting rid of our 'big names'...

And building a squad based on unity, rather than expectation.

I've been consistent however, when saying that I think the Championship this season is going to be even tougher. Without a few more players of sufficient calibre coming into the squad, I reckon it's looking pretty middle of the road at the present.

I'm personally not expecting anything great this season, with how this squad looks presently. That can change though of course.

Archived