Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scow

First Driving Lesson

I have my first driving lesson tommorow - So, keep off the roads in Leicestershire. :thumbup:

Quite nervous about it actually - My dad tried to teach me how to drive, but I nearly crashed the car. :ph34r: He hasn't bothered in helping since. :lol: :w00t: ;)

Guest Daniel

Ill be on the roads at the same time so watch out people.

Nah im getting there now and i have put in for my test which is this year sometime, date will not be told to anyone though. ;)

I got told to stay away from Acclaim, but if you can afford there prices good on you pal. ;)

there just very expensive thats all.

How much do they charge for a lesson now?

13202[/snapback]

I don't know - My parents are paying for me as part of my Birthday Present. :thumbup:

I have my first driving lesson tommorow - So, keep off the roads in Leicestershire.  :thumbup:

Quite nervous about it actually - My dad tried to teach me how to drive, but I nearly crashed the car.  :ph34r:  He hasn't bothered in helping since.  :lol:  :w00t:  ;)

13165[/snapback]

I had you pegged as being of the driving age mr scowcroft. I actually feel weird posting on this site given that I have read people have been getting exam results and having driving lessons. What is the average age of posters on here...12? I'm an old man at the age of 23! :D

I have my first driving lesson tommorow - So, keep off the roads in Leicestershire.  :thumbup:

Quite nervous about it actually - My dad tried to teach me how to drive, but I nearly crashed the car.  :ph34r:  He hasn't bothered in helping since.  :lol:  :w00t:  ;)

13165[/snapback]

I had you pegged as being of the driving age mr scowcroft. I actually feel weird posting on this site given that I have read people have been getting exam results and having driving lessons. What is the average age of posters on here...12? I'm an old man at the age of 23! :D

13277[/snapback]

I'm 20, I just couldn't be arsed to learn until now. :lol: ;)

13165[/snapback]

13277[/snapback]

I'm 20, I just couldn't be arsed to learn until now. :lol: ;)

13278[/snapback]

Fair play, I didn't learn til about then either! Went to uni and other stuff got in the way. I still feel old after reading todays threads though.

:blush:

Congrats to everyone who got their results and did good. And those who didn't do so good keep plugging away.

Also those of you who have no clue what to do, that is no crime...I did a history degree, then became a teacher, then ditched that and I'm now studying and working part time to become a solicitor...Confusion is O.K. If you are lucky enough to know what you want then good luck and aim for the top of the mountain!

Best piece of advise my sister ever gave me was, 'feel the fear but go for it anyway'...it applies to everything that is difficult in life...even driving lessons :D

Are you studying and working part time in Leicester then?

13298[/snapback]

Studying distance learning course at the College of Law in Birmingham...working part time at Leicester Uni. Monday til Wednesday 9-5, its bloody great!! :D:D

Did my history degree in Liverpool, which was a great city to live in for three years + they won 3 cups whilst I was there...but then pined for the mighty Leicester and returned here to do my PGCE (teacher training). Ditched teaching in favour of studying law. And have been living here (Leicester) ever since with my girlfriend, who is a football widow :D

Anyone going to Liverpool uni this year then? If you do one two words...the razz!

Studying distance learning course at the College of Law in Birmingham...working part time at Leicester Uni.  Monday til Wednesday 9-5, its bloody great!! :D  :D

13300[/snapback]

If you don't mind me asking, how much is this costing you, and how long will it take?

Is it an undergraduate course, or post?

Guest Daniel

How did it go Scowy?

I thought i seen you but i dont think it was.

It was an Acclaim learner, while i was on the road.

Was your car blue?

How did it go Scowy?

I thought i seen you but i dont think it was.

It was an Acclaim learner, while i was on the road.

Was your car blue?

13465[/snapback]

He's on it at the moment I think!

Stay clear of 'sorrel!

Studying distance learning course at the College of Law in Birmingham...working part time at Leicester Uni.  Monday til Wednesday 9-5, its bloody great!! :D  :D

13300[/snapback]

If you don't mind me asking, how much is this costing you, and how long will it take?

Is it an undergraduate course, or post?

13332[/snapback]

No problem. The course is a post graduate one and there are a number of ways you can do it.

Firstly you need a 2.1 in your original degree, if you have that you should get on the course...if you don't it would be hard but not impossible to get a place.

You can study the whole course in just one year, however I have opted to do it as a distance learning course, which means that I get two years to do it instead of one...it also gives you the bonus of being able to have a job and live wherever you want because the college provides you with all of the materials, books etc that you will need...there is also a lot on the internet.

The course costs £2,750(ish, I can't remeber the exact figure) per year, which isn't too bad if you have a job...its also not bad given the the college of law is the largest legal education college in Europe...oh and I'm just going into my final year. :)

So how did the driving go Scowy?

Just got back - It went well, didn't stall the car once! :thumbup:

The driving instructor thought it would be wise to start my experience on the busiest road in Mountsorrel where buses and lorries reguarly pass. <_< Oh, and it was on a steep hill too. :w00t:

However, it went ok, pissed off a few people, especially a bus driver. :lol: I started and stopped down a hill, then up a hill, then down a hill again. :ph34r:

As for the colour of the car, it was claret. :lol: ;)

Archived