Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DanTheMan

A statistical look at the 2012-13 Season

this hasn't updated has it?

If you download the file from the OP, it will only need this weekend's results putting in.

To DanTheMan, there are some blanks in the results where teams didn't play as there should be, but the graphs, I think, count these as losses. Only a very minor detail, though, and also, there's a good chance it's me doing something wrong or missing something. Again, top stat work!

If you download the file from the OP, it will only need this weekend's results putting in.

To DanTheMan, there are some blanks in the results where teams didn't play as there should be, but the graphs, I think, count these as losses. Only a very minor detail, though, and also, there's a good chance it's me doing something wrong or missing something. Again, top stat work!

Hey guys,

Raw Dykes is right, if you download the spreadsheet linked in my original post on page 1, you'll get the most updated version which is hosted on my Public DropBox, so it stays uptodate as I update it. You're also right that when it comes to sorting the teams for the graphs, it can't cope when a team hasn't played in a given weekend, so the ordering on the graphs gets out of step...

This actually brings me on to a related topic, as in the last week, I've started turning this into an IPHONE APP.

The idea is that I will offer the same sort of stats tracking as in the spreadsheet, i.e.:

- Points per Game

- Predicted Total Points after each fixture (based on PpG after each fixture)

- Maximum Points Available (based on if a team won every remaining fixture)

- Remaining Points Required for Autos/Playoffs/Safety (based on 10-season averages)

- Points per Game Required for Autos/Playoffs/Safety (based on 10-season averages)

BUT with a number of improvements that the spreadsheet lacks:

- Ability to properly rank by Points per Game when not all teams have played the same number of games

- League Table ranking (taking into account goal difference, which is something the spreadsheet doesn't do as scores aren't logged)

- Full results logs (including scores & an at-a-glance W/D/L indicator)

Lastly, this will be FOR EVERY TEAM IN THE LEAGUE! Complete with the ability for you to "Favourite" a team.

What are people's thoughts on this - would you be interested in having an app that did this sort of thing? Do you guys think there is a market for this with football fans? I had the idea for it to be a LCFC tracker, but my bro sensibly pointed out that if I am going to do it, I might as well make it for any team in the league.

If people are interested - I'll keep everyone uptodate in this thread!

Hey guys,

Raw Dykes is right, if you download the spreadsheet linked in my original post on page 1, you'll get the most updated version which is hosted on my Public DropBox, so it stays uptodate as I update it. You're also right that when it comes to sorting the teams for the graphs, it can't cope when a team hasn't played in a given weekend, so the ordering on the graphs gets out of step...

This actually brings me on to a related topic, as in the last week, I've started turning this into an IPHONE APP.

The idea is that I will offer the same sort of stats tracking as in the spreadsheet, i.e.:

- Points per Game

- Remaining Points Required for Autos/Playoffs/Safety (based on 10-season averages)

- Points per Game Required for Autos/Playoffs/Safety (based on 10-season averages)

- Ability to properly rank by Points per Game when not all teams have played the same number of games

- League Table ranking (taking into account goal difference, which is something the spreadsheet doesn't do as scores aren't logged)

Lastly, this will be FOR EVERY TEAM IN THE LEAGUE! Complete with the ability for you to "Favourite" a team.

What are people's thoughts on this - would you be interested in having an app that did this sort of thing? Do you guys think there is a market for this with football fans? I had the idea for it to be a LCFC tracker, but my bro sensibly pointed out that if I am going to do it, I might as well make it for any team in the league.

I think its a good idea that would appeal to all football fans...i know plenty that would lap this up. Good luck with it and make yourself a few quid while you're at it...other than members of this forum of course :thumbup:

Hey guys,

- Points per Game

Sounds like an awesome idea :D Once you've got an iPhone version sorted, could you perhaps make one for us Android users as well? :)

Hey guys,

- Points per Game

I'm not sure how many people would pay for it, so if you are trying to make a bit of money from it, you might be better integrating a couple of ads into it? Maybe that will help cover your costs, whilst at the same time keeping it free for people to use? I would use it if you had a free Android version, and the stats were kept up to date.

Also you might want to add Premier League teams, there are a lot of potential users amongst their fans as well. Plus otherwise it will be no use to us next season either. ;)

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/league-championship/2012-2013/goal-supremacy/full

Interesting. Shows how spawny Cardiff have been and good to see the games we've lost have only been by a single goal.

This one analyses the best form all teams have been in.

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/league-championship/2012-2013/longest-sequences/full

This again reiterates our great defensive work despite losses.

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/league-championship/2012-2013/score-distribution/full

We seem to have cut out the silly results against the Lower teams also.

Conceding only 9!

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/league-championship/2012-2013/versus-bottom-half/full

Food for thought also when you see a lot of the teams we still need to play at home, are high up in the away attack tables.

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/league-championship/2012-2013/attack/away

• 4 weeks later...

Archived