Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MattGamble92

Some "fans" deserve this

What's not, at the very least, half decent about us? we have a great squad

.. who have just given us one of the worst results in our 128-year history...

a decent young manager

One third-tier title apart, Nigel Pearson has done jack as a manager. MON was leading Celtic to a treble at the same age NP is now, having already achieved all kinds of miracles with us.

a relatively new stadium

...which we hardly ever fill, unless some glamorous overseas side come over for a friendly.

and owners who (seemingly) are backing the club all the way!

..but who can't spot a decent manager to save their lives.

City will always be there for us so we should always be there for them.

And do they come and see us when we're bad?... lol

One third-tier title apart, Nigel Pearson has done jack as a manager. MON was leading Celtic to a treble at the same age NP is now, having already achieved all kinds of miracles with us.

And there's my point, you're expecting miracles. And don't say 'He's been in charge for around 10 months' because you were saying all of this stuff early in 2012.

You can't expect a Martin O'Neill on our doorstep every day you know. Pearson hasn't done a bad job anywhere yet (even O'Neill had a poor 6 months with Norwich did he not?) and this one isn't over. There is no evidence to say he's failed here at this point, as you are so obviously suggesting, 3 games into his first full season since returning.

Personally I thought getting a team from just relegated to the third tier to the Championship play-offs was a very impressive job, or are you one of those strange, deluded people who would rather we stuck with the man who sent us down there in the first place?

And there's my point, you're expecting miracles. And don't say 'He's been in charge for around 10 months' because you were saying all of this stuff early in 2012.

Don't twist my words. My point was to place NP's achievements in context. I compared him to MON because that's what many of his fanboys were doing on here as recently as the Peterborough game. There are plenty of other managers who have done a lot more by the age of 49 than Pearson has.

You can't expect a Martin O'Neill on our doorstep every day you know. Pearson hasn't done a bad job anywhere yet (even O'Neill had a poor 6 months with Norwich did he not?) and this one isn't over. There is no evidence to say he's failed here at this point, as you are so obviously suggesting, 3 games into his first full season since returning

If Pearson takes us up, and then achieves a 17th-place finish the season afterwards, he will deserve every credit due. Right now, it looks unlikely that he'll reach even the first stage of that journey. He's done nothing, either here or at Hull, to suggest that he's anything more than an average Championship manager,

Personally I thought getting a team from just relegated to the third tier to the Championship play-offs was a very impressive job, or are you one of those strange, deluded people who would rather we stuck with the man who sent us down there in the first place?

With the squad available to him, anything other than promotion from League 1 would have been a massive failure. To reach the top 6 of the second tier appeared impressive at the time but was ultimately a reflection of the weakness of that league. Look at the team and manager who went up from the play-offs that year.

And no, I don't think we should have held on to Holloway. He seemed ill at ease throughout most of his time here, and letting him go was an act of mercy, as much for him as for us. But he used his time out of the game well, rethought his outlook on football and has done exceptionally well at Blackpool, a club with a far smaller fanbase than us and a fraction of our resources.

If Pearson takes us up, and then achieves a 17th-place finish the season afterwards, he will deserve every credit due. Right now, it looks unlikely that he'll reach even the first stage of that journey. He's done nothing, either here or at Hull, to suggest that he's anything more than an average Championship manager,

With the squad available to him, anything other than promotion from League 1 would have been a massive failure. To reach the top 6 of the second tier appeared impressive at the time but was ultimately a reflection of the weakness of that league. Look at the team and manager who went up from the play-offs that year.

Does it? Because that's not what fans who have been to the first 3 league games were saying. And even if they weren't, it's 3 league games, which is too early to write a team off anyway.

It's so easy to say the league was weak, you could argue the league was weak when O'Neill scraped us into the play-offs after not winning his first 9 games and being lambasted by our fans until we got promotion in the 120th minute of the play-off final. You could argue the Premier League was weak for us to finish 9th the following season. It's just a cop out to avoid admitting he did a very good job and we were all very pleased to have him, and then realised what a nightmare we'd had when we let him leave without so much as a chat to try and keep him, to replace him with Paolo bleeding Sousa.

09/10 was an impressive season at the time and in hindsight, we'd just come up from league one, we finished 5th, those are the facts.

The term decent manager was used, which I believe he is, no one's saying he's achieved what O'Neill has yet, but where's the evidence, 3 league games in, to suggest we've ****ed up our chances of promotion?

I know things aren't all rosy as such but Is it really necessary to be this negative?

What's not, at the very least, half decent about us? we have a great squad, a decent young manager, a relatively new stadium and owners who (seemingly) are backing the club all the way!

Just support the team its not that freakin hard.

Nothing is given it has to be earned.

Who gives a toss what everyone expects us to achieve, just celebrate each success along the way and give the lads even more support through the failures. Cos thats when they need us most.

If we get promoted, we earned it TOGETHER!

If not? Hey we get another shot at it in a few months!!!!

City will always be there for us so we should always be there for them.

I have followed City through thick and thin since 1960

Your ideology is lost on me. Don't forget the club is a business, and as such needs to take certain steps to make a decent profit.

If this was an amateur game I could follow some of your reasoning. To make money, and survive in this day and age, WE MUST BECOME A PROFITABLE BUSINESS, or else sink.to a lower level and try to survive.

Archived