Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MattGamble92

Some "fans" deserve this

8 or 9 years since we last got in the premier league. Only once in those years have we come close to returning. All of the "We dont deserve the second Tier", "We're too big", "Our support and stadium are Premier League Quality" comments come out every year.

False dawn after false dawn. From Levein being the new O'Neill and Mandaric the saviour to the Thai revolution.

And throughout them all. All the times we'd go 1-0 down at home and be hit on the counter all game. All the away defeats at Championship minnows. Even through the wins. There has always been one thing you can rely on from our fans. Moaning.

I wouldn't mind if the moaning wasn't always rash, thoughtless or completely unconstructive. But a vast majority of these fans who just sit at home and genuinely sound like they enjoy moaning on phone-ins and forums week in, deserve the inconsistencies and dire performances like the one 8,500 of us endured on Tuesday night.

You support Leicester City. You will never be happy if you want a perfect club, because we never will be. Or maybe that's why you show this "support" every week.

Like the players, the fans also need a reality check. We haven't been premiership for 8 years or so. MON's era does not give us a divine right back into the Premiership - we have to earn it.

Although, the players also need to give us something to cheer, a step over from Knocky, a darting late run from King, a 40 yarder from Marshall.

Let's give 'em our support. After all, what else you gonna do on a Saturday?

Fully agreed, fans that expect everything handed to them on a plate, will only support the team if we're winning, it's a total embarrassment.

Every club's got them but you wonder what some of these jokers get out of football.

Honestly think it boils down to frustration, recently the press dub us as favourites and the fans buy into the hype. So when we lose to teams the like's of Millwall Burton etc they moan because in their minds we should be winning every game.

I think this is true. People just think that by the laws of averages and football fate we'll have a season to be proud of. Even I do that, I have visions of us storming the league, of being the talk of the town so to speak, cos it's got to happen eventually, surely? We've got the backing, everyone is always positive about the manager until the first game, history says Leicester don't go this long without promotion to the top tier, But then we have a bad start (and tbf this is a recurring theme) and all of a sudden the matches aren't being played out in your head anymore, they're happening for real and it's not quite as glorious as you imagined it.

At this point some people start to panic and think 'there goes another week with Leicester making my life even worse'. And it's no good waiting to see if we improve because we can't risk another year of this horseshit! Meanwhile my husbands cycling for charity and he's not here to shag me and it's the managers fault and the players fault my life sucks! I can't take it anymore aaaaaaggggggghhhhhh! That's it, I can't afford anymore pints what's the number for radio Leicester?

8 or 9 years since we last got in the premier league. Only once in those years have we come close to returning. All of the "We dont deserve the second Tier", "We're too big", "Our support and stadium are Premier League Quality" comments come out every year.

False dawn after false dawn. From Levein being the new O'Neill and Mandaric the saviour to the Thai revolution.

And throughout them all. All the times we'd go 1-0 down at home and be hit on the counter all game. All the away defeats at Championship minnows. Even through the wins. There has always been one thing you can rely on from our fans. Moaning.

I wouldn't mind if the moaning wasn't always rash, thoughtless or completely unconstructive. But a vast majority of these fans who just sit at home and genuinely sound like they enjoy moaning on phone-ins and forums week in, deserve the inconsistencies and dire performances like the one 8,500 of us endured on Tuesday night.

You support Leicester City. You will never be happy if you want a perfect club, because we never will be. Or maybe that's why you show this "support" every week.

I agree that we can never be " a perfect club", but how about being a half decent club, which we most certainly are not at the moment?

I agree that we can never be " a perfect club", but how about being a half decent club, which we most certainly are not at the moment?

What's not, at the very least, half decent about us? we have a great squad, a decent young manager, a relatively new stadium and owners who (seemingly) are backing the club all the way!

Just support the team its not that freakin hard.

Nothing is given it has to be earned.

Who gives a toss what everyone expects us to achieve, just celebrate each success along the way and give the lads even more support through the failures. Cos thats when they need us most.

If we get promoted, we earned it TOGETHER!

If not? Hey we get another shot at it in a few months!!!!

City will always be there for us so we should always be there for them.

I think this is true. People just think that by the laws of averages and football fate we'll have a season to be proud of. Even I do that, I have visions of us storming the league, of being the talk of the town so to speak, cos it's got to happen eventually, surely? We've got the backing, everyone is always positive about the manager until the first game, history says Leicester don't go this long without promotion to the top tier, But then we have a bad start (and tbf this is a recurring theme) and all of a sudden the matches aren't being played out in your head anymore, they're happening for real and it's not quite as glorious as you imagined it.

At this point some people start to panic and think 'there goes another week with Leicester making my life even worse'. And it's no good waiting to see if we improve because we can't risk another year of this horseshit! Meanwhile my husbands cycling for charity and he's not here to shag me and it's the managers fault and the players fault my life sucks! I can't take it anymore aaaaaaggggggghhhhhh! That's it, I can't afford anymore pints what's the number for radio Leicester?

I just don't think this is true.

We've had a summer of predicting where we are gonna finish, who we have signed, who we should sign etc etc..

Personally I said two main things. Firstly that we would finish 7th, secondly that we hadn't signed enough quality. I said these things ages ago, before the season started.

The twits on here aren't always the doom and gloom merchants, it's also the ones who start the season making incredibly bold predictions about how well we are going to do. Without even thinking about who we've signed, who the other teams have signed etc.

All I've ever asked since joining the forum is to get some balance between the two polar opposites.

Judge each performance, game by game and don't either be too up or too down (unless we play particularly well it badly).

Just some balance and proper analysis.

Something is dreadfully wrong at the club , I think it's big time Charlie syndrome but I don't really know what really, I'm not in the changing rooms or on the training ground ? Is that moaning or stating the fact ?

It's moaning. You've stated absolutely no facts at all there.

You just have to bite the bullet and accept whatever comes our way I have seen some statements that people won't support the club if NP gets sacked I suppose these were the same people that left after MON left for Celtic.

You support the club for what it is, the owners make the call at the end of the day not the fans..

If there's one thing more tiresome than fans moaning about the team, it's other fans moaning about fans moaning about the team.

A large proportion of our fans are complete morons - a harsh truth. Same with most clubs I suppose.

We chop and change, chop and change every year.

A new man comes in. "We've gotta give him a season - we need consistency".

6 months in and we're not all high flying, there's only ever one solution - sack the manager, and be as vocal about your disliking of him as you can. It's an ethos that has spread through the club now and will never go until either a) we win every game or b) half of our fans get a massive reality check.

I'm so, so, SO bored of going through the same shitty cycle every 9/10 months. We've become a joke.

It's gotten to the point where I'd want NP to stay even if we're bottom half in Jan. This club needs to know what consistency looks like. The only times we've kept a manager for 2 years since MO'N, we've been promoted. It's crazy.

3 league games in for crying out loud. We've been the better team in each game.

Amazing how the optimism of a new season can be so quickly wiped away by a bunch of lonely internet warriors. Support the team, support NP, and make sure we don't write off yet another season before the end of fecking August.

Big time Charlie is my fact surely ? Too many think they are superstars and quite obviously not ?

How is that a fact? Jermaine Beckford is reported to be one of the highest earners at the club yet apparently on the training ground he's the nicest, down to earth bloke going. Your perception of these players might be that they're Big Time Charlies, maybe they are, but that's just your opinion. It's not fact.

Like it or not footie is a results game. Good results = happy, bad results = unhappy. When we suffer a string of bad results people will become so frustrated their first reaction isnt always reasoned argument. Playing well and losing isnt going to = happy. Having said all that if you feel you can only give the team your full support when its winning/successful, perhaps you would be better off supporting one of the Manchester Clubs. Have a moan by all means but lets not forget why we support our team - they are OUR team, for many their hometown team. I am desperately disapponted with our results thus far and I will be totally wanked off if we have another season like the last one, but my support has to be unconditional because good, bad or indifferent they are my team and I will take my seat and take what comes because I have to. Bastards.

We've had a summer of predicting where we are gonna finish, who we have signed, who we should sign etc etc..

Personally I said two main things. Firstly that we would finish 7th, secondly that we hadn't signed enough quality. I said these things ages ago, before the season started.

The twits on here aren't always the doom and gloom merchants, it's also the ones who start the season making incredibly bold predictions about how well we are going to do. Without even thinking about who we've signed, who the other teams have signed etc.

All I've ever asked since joining the forum is to get some balance between the two polar opposites.

Judge each performance, game by game and don't either be too up or too down (unless we play particularly well it badly).

I've been trying to get that over to people for over 30 years Col. I keep saying that Leicester fans views are always polarised with not enough people like you and me in the middle. I was warning people not to let expectations get too high and to be realistic because the last couple of days is what happens when you're too positive or too negative. Over positivity is every bit as bad as negativity, it very quickly turns to disappointment, frustration, anger and negativity. Supporting the club really isn't that hard, balance and realism is the order of the day when analysing and predicting, don't expect us to walk every match, that's ridiculous. When at the game, give the team positive vocal support. I know it's a bit chicken and egg as to what comes first, positive support or positive performances but just remember that no team has ever succeeded when their fans are against them and never will. If we lose, accept it, get over it and move on to the next match. Don't even consider changing the manager until it's obvious there is something badly wrong and we're not going to get out of it. This is obviously not the case. So everyone just chill, be realistic and just enjoy watching what looks like an exciting young team being built

After the last 10 years I've learned to never expect more than a draw and more often I expect us to lose so I'm rarely overly disappointed. For Burton I fully expected extra time and penalties and you can never count on them.

That doesn't mean I'm negative just that I err on the side of caution because unfulfilled optimism can bring nothing but sadness and despair and I save that for the overall state of football in this country.

Roll on Blackpool and a 2-2 draw. :P

I thought that's what I was trying to say :dunno:

Then of course there are those that just hate Pearson and want to pick up on everything negative because they want him sacked.

STOP MOANING.

What makes me laugh is that we could have quite easily have been going into blackpool with us both sitting pretty at the top with 9 points with the same performances we have produced and know one would be moaning at all. yet with luck not particularly on our side and some dodgy refereeing decisions it's asif we'd played shit all three games and lost every game 5-0!

im not taking the burton game into consideration though because that was truly awful.

Archived