Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Little Quits!

apart from Wolves who gives a shit about debt in football these days ? George & the Shipmans always sold players to line their own pockets ,

Appointed the brightest young managers to paper over the cracks of their meagre spending habits , they didnt really care about the fans & upped the

gate prices on a whim for certain games ......................George was a shit chairman , he got lucky with Little & Oneil ,

He couldn't have been that shit if he appointed one of our greatest ever managers, as well as Brian Little who turned us around, and was in charge for some of our best and most eventful times. It's not good luck to know your arse from your elbow when it comes to picking managers.

It isn't all about putting money in you know, if the club does well due to good management and decision making I couldn't care less how much money they put in. We were in a good financial position when he left which is a credit to how we were run, it's not really his fault it was all pissed away. So much for investment, it didn't help us when Taylor spent money and it didn't help us when Sven did either.

Talking about gate prices isn't a very good point, I'm sure you'd much rather pay his prices than the ones we are subjected to now.

Alot more could have been achieved with of foresight ...

Like the time Little was offered Davor Suker for 800k

Far too much money , we can get Bobby Davidson instead for 50k ffs

Little had to trade in Kitson

Oneil had to trade in Joachim

We could have added instead of trading in our prospects

What could the two managers done with proper financial backing . we will never know ,

Oneil had to trade in Joachim

I remember thinking as I watched Muzzy Izzet, Neil Lennon and Emile Heskey make the Premiership look easy; "Bugger me, I wish we had Julian Joachim." Where did he end up as soon as he left Villa?

George did have a reputation for being a tight arse, but back then, the only clubs buying success were Blackburn and Newcastle, I'd love it if clubs kept their finances in check as they were determined to back then. What happened when John Elsom opened up the bank balance to Peter Taylor?

apart from Wolves who gives a shit about debt in football these days ? George & the Shipmans always sold players to line their own pockets ,

Appointed the brightest young managers to paper over the cracks of their meagre spending habits , they didnt really care about the fans & upped the

gate prices on a whim for certain games ......................George was a shit chairman , he got lucky with Little & Oneil ,

They probably didn't care about the fans but they did care about running the club properly. Do you think the current lot, mortgaging the future of the club and treating it as their play thing, care about the fans? They did give us a free DVD at the end of last season so they must do, I suppose.

Archived