Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Little Quits!

In different angles before you throw chairs at me and give me some stick Villa are somewhat a bigger club that's why he left, plus he used the play for the club. So there's good reasons why he left, same with MON when he left he joined Celtic because it was a club he supported since he was a child, In 2007 Megson joined Bolton after only being with us for about just two or three weeks, though Bolton were in the premier league, pearson joining hull really pissed me off and felt insulted and really did dislike Pearson from that point "judas!" then when Sven got the sack I heard Pearson's name linked i thought "no chance, also treated us like s h i t so I don't want him back" when he returned okay it was nice to see him back and put things right but in some ways I have forgiven him, but I haven't forgot what he did June 2010.

In different angles before you throw chairs at me and give me some stick Villa are somewhat a bigger club that's why he left, plus he used the play for the club. So there's good reasons why he left, same with MON when he left he joined Celtic because it was a club he supported since he was a child, In 2007 Megson joined Bolton after only being with us for about just two or three weeks, though Bolton were in the premier league, pearson joining hull really pissed me off and felt insulted and really did dislike Pearson from that point "judas!" then when Sven got the sack I heard Pearson's name linked i thought "no chance, also treated us like s h i t so I don't want him back" when he returned okay it was nice to see him back and put things right but in some ways I have forgiven him, but I haven't forgot what he did June 2010.

Villa are a bigger club, but he could've left in a better way. He went, did ok with them and we took plenty of points from his team, so it worked out well for both in the end.

Pearson didn't really want to go, but he seemed to have little choice. The people who wanted Sousa should be blamed for that.

Villa are a bigger club, but he could've left in a better way. He went, did ok with them and we took plenty of points from his team, so it worked out well for both in the end.

Pearson didn't really want to go, but he seemed to have little choice. The people who wanted Sousa should be blamed for that.

When I first Pearson had left, I just couldn't believe it, then a few days later Sousa was announced and i went "who?- oh that guy who managed Swansea to mid-table" i was lot more disappointed when he was announced.

I do/did feel the same about np, it wasn't so much that he left, more that he didn't really explain himself, nor say any sort of goodbye/thanks to the fans, that pissed me off.

I guess I have forgiven him now, but even though he was forced out by Mandy he could have done it with it bit more grace.

I do/did feel the same about np, it wasn't so much that he left, more that he didn't really explain himself, nor say any sort of goodbye/thanks to the fans, that pissed me off.

I guess I have forgiven him now, but even though he was forced out by Mandy he could have done it with it bit more grace.

One thing that worries me is if he does once he'll do it again.

Brian Little the day he landed in George's chopper started a new dream, gave us play off finals and era I remember fondly, the day he got caught on the back of the paper in Doug Ellis drive, for me was disrespect, the Little Era brought back the club and was the start of the 90's though disappointed he followed the dream to go home so to speak, he never became what he was at Leicester. Shame top guy, remember his first game away at Swindon 0-0, how he over hauled the club. A legend always will be everyone is entitled to make a mistake, the day he flew in on George's helicopter rebuilt the club.

little2-4-3-twih-211112280-501641.jpg

The bloke 2nd from the right top row was my best mate at school Ian Thompson. We were at the City of Leicester School back in the 80's. Just to put it into perspective Emile Heskey was there also, Ian was 10 times better than Emile at the same age. To this day I still don't understand how Emile made it and Ian didn't. Although looking back now Emile was commited and always got his head down were as Ian was arragant and laid back. Ian was also a striker played for England School boys could do the 100m under 12 seconds and was built like a brick outhouse. Skill wise Ian had it all, Emile was nothing compared to Ian. Wow great memories.

Sorry the picture doesnt seem to have come up I mean the team photo under Brian Little on the first page. Ian is the big black guy with the funny haircut. Think Coatsworth is next to him

It's come up for me :thumbup: That kit is lovely. Carling Stand looks quality in the background as well.

I think you've answered your own question really, people say Lineker's brother was a much better player but Gary wanted it more. There's loads of examples like that. Of course, I'm sure there are many very talented footballers who have slipped through the net over the years, some people making these decisions in the game wouldn't know ability if it Cruyff turned them. The amount of times I've heard someone was released because they were 'too small' :rolleyes:

I've got a lot of time for Brian Little. He was very easy to work with (as a journalist) and he turned the club around massively. I'd forgotten what it was like to win away games until he came in.

He admits he made mistakes in the manner of leaving but it's also worth adding that the club screwed him over big time so they could come out of it smelling of roses as if they'd done nothing wrong and had done everything to keep him.

The atmosphere the day of his return was pure poison. I actually felt a bit for the bloke because he'd brought some good times back. The whole episode was a mess, from start to finish.

If you ever get the chance to speak to him, please do - he's a thoroughly decent bloke who likes remembering the Leicester days.

Mark McGhee on the other hand - strange bloke.

Remember Little getting gobbed on by some knobheads in the Carling Stand during our successful promotion season, was a mediocre 0-0 draw against Grimsby if memory serves me correctly. We had a poor run and only won two or three of our last dozen games that season, still scraped it into the play-offs but loads of moaning and groaning from so-called supporters ouside of pen 1 and half of pen 2, which incidentally were the only parts of Filbo that generated regular noise back then.

Although the aforesaid bellends were roundly condemned when it came to light, it never felt the same where Little was concerned from that point on.

Still have the book he wrote, he really made a mess of the way he left but without him who knows how the 90s would have gone, 3 trips to Wembley, top flight footy again before the McGhee intermission and the O'Niell years.

I remember hearing about the spitting incident, that must have left a bad impression and then of course the board would not back him with any real cash which most probably lead to George being asked to step aside as Chairman when we got promoted under O'Niell, oh the fun and shenanigans with our board back then :sweating:

Little became frustrated with Martin George & his car boot size transfer budget

He started the change in the clubs outlook & fortunes thats for sure

His move to Villa was messy , but I dont blame him for trying to manage the club he loved as a player

He should be held in high regard at Leicester , almost as much as Martin Oneil

Err what?

Little struggled to get us out of the championship.... O'neill won us cups and got us into Europe.

what they have both done in the last 10 years is an indication as to who should be held in regard....

Err what?

Little struggled to get us out of the championship.... O'neill won us cups and got us into Europe.

what they have both done in the last 10 years is an indication as to who should be held in regard....

Almost ????? like ..........not quite as high .....!!!!! but in high regard in his own right ???

Err what?

Little paved the way for O'Neil, without Little turning the club around there never would have been the MO'N years.

Until 2004/05 I had never seen a Leicester team that hadn't either challenged for promotion from the 2nd tier or were in the top flight. I started supporting us aged 8 in 1991 at the start of the Little era.

He turned some absolute dog muck in to footballers. I know it's hard to measure players back then to players of today but he really did get the most out of some appalling footballers. We did have some very good players amongst the dross though and i'm sure that helped. He laid the foundations for one of the most successful periods at this fotball club in the modern era.

I've met him a few times and he's a pleasure to speak to.

Cambridge at home in the play-offs. What a night......

Until 2004/05 I had never seen a Leicester team that hadn't either challenged for promotion from the 2nd tier or were in the top flight. I started supporting us aged 8 in 1991 at the start of the Little era.

He turned some absolute dog muck in to footballers. I know it's hard to measure players back then to players of today but he really did get the most out of some appalling footballers. We did have some very good players amongst the dross though and i'm sure that helped. He laid the foundations for one of the most successful periods at this fotball club in the modern era.

I've met him a few times and he's a pleasure to speak to.

Cambridge at home in the play-offs. What a night......

Top post...

Sorry the picture doesnt seem to have come up I mean the team photo under Brian Little on the first page. Ian is the big black guy with the funny haircut. Think Coatsworth is next to him

I thought that was Neil Lewis?

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=4502

As you went to school with him though, I'll go with who you say, even though I don't remember him.

Archived