Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dmayne7

This is our chance

Think 84 points would be enough, especially with our goal difference.

Looking at those fixtures, the 9 games starting with Blackburn at home and ending with Barnsley away are massive. Realistically we'll need to win 7 of those and put ourselves in an almost insurmountable position going into the last 5 games because I don't see us getting much from trips to Brighton, Palace and Forest.

The games we have remaining are:

Wolves (H)

Peterborough (A)

Cardiff (A)

Blackburn (H)

Charlton (H)

Blackpool (A)

Ipswich (A)

Leeds (H)

Sheffield Weds (H)

Derby (A)

Millwall (H)

Barnsley (A)

Brighton (A)

Bolton (H)

Palace (A)

Watford (H)

Forest (A)

Some banana skins but you have to say that most look winnable. I'd be disappointed to see more than 4-5 defeats based on that run-in considering the kind of stuff we've played most of the season. I could equally see us getting 10 or more wins there too.

So 10 wins, 4 draws and 4 defeats from that run-in would mean 84 points in total. That surely wouldn't put us far away from automatic considering how open this division is.

We've got 5 quality aways to finish. Barnsley on Easter Monday has serious potenial!

We've got 5 quality aways to finish. Barnsley on Easter Monday has serious potenial!

Could match up to the 2007 match where both teams avoided relegation. I think we took about 6,000 that day and there was a pitch invasion.

EDIT: This is how our end looked from the home end that day, great support.

336846-1.jpg

Could match up to the 2007 match where both teams avoided relegation. I think we took about 6,000 that day and there was a pitch invasion.

EDIT: This is how our end looked from the home end that day, great support.

336846-1.jpg

Is that us down the left hand side aswell?

I genuinely don't believe we've had a better chance for years.

Same. I've not felt this good about Leicester City's chances of having a decent crack in the Prem since since the early O'Neill days.

People might be sounding a bit too confident, and it could all go wrong and end in heartbreak, but you can sense something special. The confidence seems justified.

We are being treated to some very decent and entertaining football on a regular basis now.

Also 9 points off 7th place now :)

The last thing we should be thinking about is a play-off place and there's no need for it. We're second and our goals difference is worth a point.

We've recovered our position because we've started attacking again, we've strengthened the striker department and nothing will convince me that we can't get better still if we show the belief to keep pressing the game for 90 minutes instead of conceding space and giving the opposition a chance of getting points they don't deserve as on Friday and so many other times when we've foundered tactically.

We should look now to increase our average points return, increase our goals difference still more and to pressure the opposition as a matter of course.

We've got the opposition by the throat and should be ruthless now in squeezing the life out of them.

Archived