Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dmayne7

This is our chance

After moving into second place, I think its going to be ours to lose. I know Hull could be back into second tomorrow but they have lost their 2 best players (Aluko out for 2 months and Elmohamady going back to Sunderland) in the last week and they're probably our biggest threat so we can expect to see them finding things a bit harder. Don't see Palace being able to maintain the push at the top either. Boro we'll be do well but I think they lack that something to really catch the top 2. Watford could be the surprise but they may lack the quality to see it to the end.

Nice to see that we can actually win games where we don't play at our best. Bodes well for the rest of the season. We've got some very winnable games coming up and if we beat Cardiff then we could really have them in our sights.

Second will be ours to lose I feel but if we can blow teams apart one week then grit it out the next, we'll be celebrating come May.

I've probably just echoed what people have been saying for the past few weeks but hopefully we'll continue to have plenty to smile about and little to moan about! :thumbup:

Also, top effort to the people who made it there tonight. Sounded like an absolute mare getting there. Atmosphere seemed very decent considering!

I wouldn't say it's ours to lose just yet, but we've as good a chance as any to get that second spot. I think when we play to our best we're the best side in the league.

We've got to keep going on this kind of run and make sure when Hull slip up, we're in there. Things will keep changing, there are plenty of twists to come and we've just got to make sure we're in with a similarly good chance at the business end.

This is certainly our best chance to go up since we came down, and it's not surprising so many people think it's our year.

Some really big games coming up soon.

After moving into second place, I think its going to be ours to lose. I know Hull could be back into second tomorrow but they have lost their 2 best players (Aluko out for 2 months and Elmohamady going back to Sunderland) in the last week and they're probably our biggest threat so we can expect to see them finding things a bit harder. Don't see Palace being able to maintain the push at the top either. Boro we'll be do well but I think they lack that something to really catch the top 2. Watford could be the surprise but they may lack the quality to see it to the end.

Nice to see that we can actually win games where we don't play at our best. Bodes well for the rest of the season. We've got some very winnable games coming up and if we beat Cardiff then we could really have them in our sights.

Second will be ours to lose I feel but if we can blow teams apart one week then grit it out the next, we'll be celebrating come May.

Totally agree. In my opinion this is the best side we've had since the MON days by far and in pure footballing terms, this squad should surpass the qualities of those heady days! I'm convinced that Cardiff will have there usual bottling blip and providing we keep our nerve and rely on our quality I see us romping away come the business end of the season! It's on!!!

I've probably just echoed what people have been saying for the past few weeks but hopefully we'll continue to have plenty to smile about and little to moan about! :thumbup:

Also, top effort to the people who made it there tonight. Sounded like an absolute mare getting there. Atmosphere seemed very decent considering!

A positive approach which I totally agree with! This is undoubtably the best squad we've had since the MoN days and a squad I believe has more quality. NP has assembled a squad of young hungry players that want to make a name for themselves and rid us of over paid players that were burdened by massive ego's! I wasn't a huge fan of Nigel when he came back and I still question the wisdom of some of his match day decisions but in Nigel (and back room team) I now trust! Cardiff will have their usual blip (bottle it) and I firmly believe in a league where 'anyone can beat anyone' our in depth quality will shine through and see us romp to the title!!!

Keep the faith, it's on!

A positive approach which I totally agree with! This is undoubtably the best squad we've had since the MoN days and a squad I believe has more quality. NP has assembled a squad of young hungry players that want to make a name for themselves and rid us of over paid players that were burdened by massive ego's! I wasn't a huge fan of Nigel when he came back and I still question the wisdom of some of his match day decisions but in Nigel (and back room team) I now trust! Cardiff will have their usual blip (bottle it) and I firmly believe in a league where 'anyone can beat anyone' our in depth quality will shine through and see us romp to the title!!!

Keep the faith, it's on!

Agree with everything (bar "wasn't a huge fan of Nigel...") until "in depth quality". If any of Nuge, Wood, Kasper, Wes, Knocky, De Laet, Konch or Marshall get injured we'll be right back under the kosh. That's quite a large potential for buggering in relative terms.

If we can't gain a few points safety on 3rd before the Cardiff match I can see it being a very nervous run-in. As it stands anyone of us, Hull, Boro, Palace and Watford look like likely challengers for that 2nd spot. Brighton and M'wall would argue a case for themselves in that respect too - you'd be a fool to forget the Reading effect.

We do have a very long way to go.

We have 18 games left, and I think:

• 8 wins should see us into the play-offs (74+ pts)
  • 10 wins should see us in the top 2 (80+ pts)
  • 13 wins could well give us the title (89+ pts)

So while we are in great form and have some good fixtures over the next few months, we do still have a lot of wins left to be picked up, and can afford few slip-ups.

Agree with everything (bar "wasn't a huge fan of Nigel...") until "in depth quality". If any of Nuge, Wood, Kasper, Wes, Knocky, De Laet, Konch or Marshall get injured we'll be right back under the kosh. That's quite a large potential for buggering in relative terms.

If we can't gain a few points safety on 3rd before the Cardiff match I can see it being a very nervous run-in. As it stands anyone of us, Hull, Boro, Palace and Watford look like likely challengers for that 2nd spot. Brighton and M'wall would argue a case for themselves in that respect too - you'd be a fool to forget the Reading effect.

Perhaps....although I think we'd be able to recover from losing any one of Konchesky/Marshall/De Laet.

Losing any of the others for a long amount of time would make things more difficult. Losing Wes for anything more than a couple of weeks would be awful.

I genuinely don't believe we've had a better chance for years.

The key, for me, is that the squad seems SETTLED.

Players appear to be willing to play for their places and wait their turn.

This is down to Pearson I guess..

The one thing which could scupper the whole fookin thing now would be a bad injury to Morgan IMO.

He's the key to our success I believe. Not as Captain particularly, but as simply being the best centre back in the division. I'm very very surprised that he's not being courted by a Prem team.

I genuinely don't believe we've had a better chance for years.

The key, for me, is that the squad seems SETTLED.

Players appear to be willing to play for their places and wait their turn.

This is down to Pearson I guess..

The one thing which could scupper the whole fookin thing now would be a bad injury to Morgan IMO.

He's the key to our success I believe. Not as Captain particularly, but as simply being the best centre back in the division. I'm very very surprised that he's not being courted by a Prem team.

Ssssh Col, don't you know all of the big club's scouts trawl through this forum looking for a hidden gem. Lets just keep a lid on it...

I'm starting to dream now, I'm not going to lie. we were dominating matches without getting the results.. until the signing of wood! witch could be the signing we need for a real automatic promotion push.. Middlesbrough to be fair to them had most of the play last night, but we still managed to come out on top. keeping out main players injury free, I don't see why we can't get promoted this season?

:scarf: C'MONN LESTAAAAA :scarf:

We do have a very long way to go.

We have 18 games left, and I think:

• 8 wins should see us into the play-offs (74+ pts)
  • 10 wins should see us in the top 2 (80+ pts)
  • 13 wins could well give us the title (89+ pts)

So while we are in great form and have some good fixtures over the next few months, we do still have a lot of wins left to be picked up, and can afford few slip-ups.

9 home games left 9 wins is my prediction I cannot see us loosing at home we are very strong at home and know how to be solid at all times if we do slip up in the odd fixture than we have 10 away games against 4 ( Barnsley, Peterborough, Ipswich and Blackpool) in the bottom half at present and 5 in the top half ( Cardiff, Crystal Palace, F****t, Dierby and Brighton) to get some wins.

Signs are looking good :thumbup:

The games we have remaining are:

Wolves (H)

Peterborough (A)

Cardiff (A)

Blackburn (H)

Charlton (H)

Blackpool (A)

Ipswich (A)

Leeds (H)

Sheffield Weds (H)

Derby (A)

Millwall (H)

Barnsley (A)

Brighton (A)

Bolton (H)

Palace (A)

Watford (H)

Forest (A)

Some banana skins but you have to say that most look winnable. I'd be disappointed to see more than 4-5 defeats based on that run-in considering the kind of stuff we've played most of the season. I could equally see us getting 10 or more wins there too.

So 10 wins, 4 draws and 4 defeats from that run-in would mean 84 points in total. That surely wouldn't put us far away from automatic considering how open this division is.

Archived