Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
allotment-fox

Thanks lcfc 300 mile & point made

300 miles and point made

Not many supporters would welcome a 1-1 draw after a 300 mile round trip with such fervent satisfaction but that is a possible is the measure of our recent form with the recent Defeat at home to lowly Sheffield Wednesday at Home and only getting a point to Leeds united in the closing minutes.

So as I set off to the King Power Stadium to catch coach 2 for the bargain of a club subsidised trip to Cardiff in what had been near arctic conditions wearing more layers than an onion I felt like the Michelin man for The Cardiff City Stadium where in recent visits had given little to the travelling city faithful.

Having found my seat the coach it was on its way The DVD switched on showing some old city games the golden years beating local rivals Kieran our lead steward did sterling work taking orders for the hot drinks provided by LCFC free of charge.

On arrival at our destination fans were issued a free City scarf balloons and a voucher for a pie and a pint at the Stadium’s two well stocked food outlets, these went down well with the city faithful.

So swigging my pint and scoffing my Peters Steak Pie then duly washing it down with a couple more beverages for good measure.

Then the Realisation that I needed to take my seat as the teams would soon be coming out.

The bloke in charge of the music turned up the volume playing a Welsh Anthem waking up the locals followed by a beetles number.

Along with the other 800 + city followers waving are newly gifted blue and white scarfs chanting England ,England, England. Then almost choking on the white fluff and cotton flying in the air from our cotton scarfs on their maiden wave to spur the city on.

The first half was a tense hard fought affair between the two teams both looking a little ring rusty and the Ref playing centre stage a couple of ours and one of theirs keeping up is average of 3ish bookings a game and 86 yellow so far this term in his 30 matches.

By half time my 8 layers ploy had worked a treat as the temperature’s had started to drop a swift cup of coffee from the well-travelled flask did little to warm me up and just seem to prompt yet another visit to the gents.

We get Into the second half and city fashion some decent opportunities we hit the post than bang on in the back of the net city fans bouncing and again scarf fluff covers the away end.

Not long to go hang on city 3 points coming it’s Thailand 1 Malaysia 0 chant the city fans as the Welsh supporters run for the exit is there a fire drill is there a fire drill chant goes up.

All looking for the 4th official with is board is it 4 Mins can't see it dame Scarf fluff again.

Dame player not closed down seem to back off allow a cross and another substitute scores an equaliser for the locals who come running back in.

1-1 it ends up but could be a turning point in city’s run in form and one of these games that could be a turning point in the season ! we leave for the coach outside I arrive home all 8 layers have done their job climb into bed at 1 .30am dream about a win at Derby local rivalry not to be missed

thank you LCFC

Despite the criticism the board get, they do care about fans. I've always found the ticket office and club shop staff very helpful. Last nights £10 offer for a return to cardiff was very cheap! plus you got a free scarf and pie for just a tenner, Also I've got a free extra ticket for the birmingham game!, sadly I couldn't make last nights game but I've got to credit the club for this.

Could you ever imagine clubs like Man U Chelsea or Arsenal doing this?

Thought the boys played well had a great night took wife for 1st game for years and even she thought we were unlucky we'll to to Lcfc owners loved the scarf pie and pint even drove and home in kegworth for12.10 well worth the cost roll on Saturday only 10 mins away

Archived