Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest foxestalkisfullofidiots

Traveling to away games

I noticed that the players flew to Cardiff on Tuesday and a couple of weeks ago they flew to Blackpool, all seems a bit excessive to me, I know Derby and Forest don't fly to these places, I will be a bit pissed off this summer if the price of my season ticket go's up and the club are chartering planes to fly somewhere you can drive to in 2-3 hours, Just wondered if it bothers anybody else? I mean the lavish treatment the players have received has not really returned the results has it?

Don't forget we have played tues sat for the past 5 or so weeks.

Think the prices would have worked out about the same, as they would have had a hotel room for the night, at both grounds!

It helps to aid a quicker recovery, would you rather be stuck on a bus for 3-4 hours, or a plane for 35 mins?

Thought about that tuesday when someone said few minutes after the match we have a plane to catch in a hour .Add on 40 minutes plus a bit of messing at East Midlands and assuming most of the players would be going back to Leicester probably saved an hour at most.

However I can see the sense to an extent on the way down in not having to leave early and avoiding 3 hours sitting about.Assume there would have been some light training/tactical stuff on tuesday morning(mind probably not!)

Don't forget we have played tues sat for the past 5 or so weeks.

Think the prices would have worked out about the same, as they would have had a hotel room for the night, at both grounds!

It helps to aid a quicker recovery, would you rather be stuck on a bus for 3-4 hours, or a plane for 35 mins?

There's no way the price would of worked out the same because for the Blackpool game they flew the day before and still stayed in a hotel overnight and for the Cardiff game there plane left at 11am on Tuesday so I would of thought they would have to use a hotel to kill 5-6 hours and the traveling times probably do aid recovery but I would imagine the price to hire a plane compared to the cost of a coach travel does not even come close, it doesn't matter if they had won or lost I was just pointing out the club are wasting a lot of money.

I would wager you would struggle get from cardiff ground to the airport onto a plane ,east mids(or whatever they call it now)airport and back to leicester in less than 2 hours.Maybe slightly quicker than the road trip but would think coach would be an opportunity for a meal,physios check out the players ,NP go throughteam talk, some tactics set moves(only joking)watch a bit of telly,etc etc.

Archived