Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

Papering over the cracks

Having just watched this evenings game, it's clear that losing your captain and best player so early on is gonna make a big difference.

And yes, the boys put up a spirited effort.

However, I think this is just papering over the cracks. Again, we showed little craft and guile, I can't recollect us making many real chances and there's such little skill being shown by any of the players.

We've now won 1 in 10, have a really hard run-in and the play-offs, I'm afraid, do look like a difficult ask.

How bad do things have to get before serious questions become asked. The happy clappers will continue to make excuses, but they are now sounding pretty feeble to be honest. We've heard them all before.

I think we are playing some of the worst football we've seen in ages.

How much longer are people gonna put up with this?

What I'm saying is simple really: effort- fantastic

Real quality and threat- very poor.

Having just watched this evenings game, it's clear that losing your captain and best player so early on is gonna make a big difference.

However, I think this is just papering over the cracks. Again, we showed little craft and guile, I can't recollect us making many real chances and there's such little skill being shown by any of the players.

We've now won 1 in 10, have a really hard run-in and the play-offs, I'm afraid, do look like a difficult ask.

How bad do things have to get before serious questions become asked. The happy clappers will continue to make excuses, but they are now sounding pretty feeble to be honest. We've heard them all before.

Agreed!!!

About right, Col. Frustrating. Have to give them a huge plus for effort and it's impossible to tell how much a long period with 10 men affected our game plan. Strangely, I've now gone the other way on NP, though. If he was to go, it was immediately after Derby when (potentially - and assuming he wanted it) a class manager with pedigree was available. I'm gutted Reading got him and we didn't. Right now, unless you think McDermott is the man, I'm not sure what the point of chnaging is. I think change is inevitable barring promotion. So let's get it right this time and see who falls off the merry-go-round during the summer manager culling season.

Archived