Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Darth Fox

Hinckley vs Villa

Look, it's only a game, so what if it was 1-8

Aston Villa brought a mixture of 1st and reserve team players to the Marston Stadium and ran out big, big winners as they, erm, hammered Hinckley 1-8 in front of a crowd of 1432. Villa first teamers Ulises De La Cruz, Gary Cahill, Eric Djemba-Djemba, Luke Moore and Peter Whittingham were all part of the starting line up. However it was Hinckley who were to show first as Andy Brown saw his header beat the keeper but rebound off the crossbar after 10 minutes then Whittingham saw his shot rebound off the post for Villa after 15 minutes. Gabriel Ablonghor opened the scoring for Villa after 20 minutes after out pacing the defence then slotting it past Ryan Price. Ablonghor again scored for Villa on 35 minutes with an almost exact copy of the first goal, then he completed his hatrick before haltime as he slotted home from a cross. The half time interval didn't stop Ablonghor as in the first minute of the second half he scored his, and Villa's, fourth of the night. Hinckley's one and only goal of the night came on the hour when Marc McGregor ran the ball into the area and saw his shot saved, only for it to fall to the feet of Jamie Lenton who blasted home from close range. The respite lasted briefly as Villa scored another a couple of minutes later as Luke Moore scored fraom a De La Cruz Cross, then Moore provided Peter Whittingham with the cross to score number six. Moore scored his second on 70 minutes then completed his hatrick to finish off the scoring after 80 minutes by again racing past the defence to slot home.

Hinckley: 1.Ryan Price 2.Stuart Storer 3.Lee Colkin 4.Rich Lavery 5.Carl Heeley 6.Brad Piercewright 7.Matt Lewis 8.Sam Shilton 9.Marc McGregor 10.Andy Brown 11.Jamie Lenton

Subs used: Dougie Wade, Laurent Cluzel, Owen Storey, Nathan Winder, Pat Lyons.

Aston Villa: Henderson, De la Cruz, Foley, Cahill, Williams, Berson, Carew, Djemba-Djemba, Moore, Agbonlahor, Whittingham.

Subs: used Paul, Olejnik, Kabeya, Ward, Grant, Caney, Green.

On the face of it we were well beaten but the positives are we played our own game to a good degree but were beaten by a much better team who were faster both physically and menatally. Matt Lewis wide right looked good as most of our attacking came through him, Andy Brown and Marc Mcgregor are striking a decent understand up front. Owen Storey had a good 20 minutes at the end, as did Laurent Cluzel both of which are must sign players. Overall despite the scoreline things are shaping up for the season and the team will have learnt a lot from this result.

Hinckley play Tamworth tonight, surly not 2 games in 2 nights? :huh:

Thought it was Hinckley v Villa last night but no-one at work knew anything about it, and it wasn't listed in the friendlies in the paper so I was abit confused! To be honest i'm a "codder" :rolleyes: (Even though don't know understand the connection between being from Nuneaton and being called a codder - anyone like to inform me? :huh:) so I couldn't give 2 shits about Hinckley and football :P

Nuneaton beat Wolves the other day if anyones intrested? :unsure:

Nope, not interested. What does codde mean. I thought Cod was a sea fish.

150231[/snapback]

So did I... OI Anyone from Hinckley want to explain why I am being subject to rascism from being from Nuneaton :unsure: and being called a codder :huh:

(Before working in Hinckley I never realised how much Hinckley people took notice of the border between Hinckley and Nuneaton, Hinckley people really fuking hate Nuneaton don't they :huh: I get my Nuneaton roots refured to nearly every day :unsure::huh:)

Hinckley peeps are scared of outsiders, when I moved down from Scotland 13 years ago the amount of racial abuse I got was obscene. I know people from Hinckley that have never been out of Hinckley. The rivalry is bizaare like a poor mans old firm.

Hinckley: 1.Ryan Price 2.Stuart Storer 3.Lee Colkin 4.Rich Lavery 5.Carl Heeley 6.Brad Piercewright 7.Matt Lewis 8.Sam Shilton 9.Marc McGregor 10.Andy Brown 11.Jamie Lenton

Subs used: Dougie Wade, Laurent Cluzel, Owen Storey, Nathan Winder, Pat Lyons.

My mate :scarf:

Hinckley peeps are scared of outsiders, when I moved down from Scotland 13 years ago the amount of racial abuse I got was obscene. I know people from Hinckley that have never been out of Hinckley. The rivalry is bizaare like a poor mans old firm.

152239[/snapback]

Of course they're known for loving the English in Scotland!!!.

Archived