Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
casabian

O'Grady

Did you ever see George Best or even Trevor Francis as kids. Mostly, if they're good enough, they find ways of surviving. As for Wes I'm still waiting to hear of the FA's action on that - and I've heard damn all up to now.

147684[/snapback]

Its a bit different nowadays though with so many distractions and outside influences for the youngster without mentioning the wages they receive. Im forever reading about some great talent that has completely lost their way through peer pressure etc, nowadays these young footballers need wrapping up in cotton wool more and more, but need to learn basic life skills as well.

Its a bit different nowadays though with so many distractions and outside influences for the youngster without mentioning the wages they receive. Im forever reading about some great talent that has completely lost their way through peer pressure etc, nowadays these young footballers need wrapping up in cotton wool more and more, but need to learn basic life skills as well.

147707[/snapback]

Don't think kids have changed much. Some cope with the pressures of fame and adulation - putting everything in proportion - while others don't. Often it depends on their family background cos being brought up on down-to-earth principles and realistic values can help a lot.

"Treat people well son and treat them with respect cos you likely pass em on the way down as well as on the way up," is advice I well remember.

Don't think kids have changed much. Some cope with the pressures of fame and adulation - putting everything in proportion - while others don't. Often it depends on their family background cos being brought up on down-to-earth principles and realistic values can help a lot.   

"Treat people well son and treat them with respect cos you likely pass em on the way down as well as on the way up," is advice I well remember.

147715[/snapback]

Theres always an exception to the rule though, not everything is just black and white ;)

Did you ever see George Best or even Trevor Francis as kids. Mostly, if they're good enough, they find ways of surviving. As for Wes I'm still waiting to hear of the FA's action on that - and I've heard damn all up to now.

147684[/snapback]

there are always young players who can cope with the rough and tumble, like rooney who i mentioned before, but leicester have a bad record on bringing through players who can handle it, heskey and joachim being the only recent examples i can think of.

a good spell in the stiffs, coming on in already sorted games, maybe a few loan spells in lower leagues and spending time building themselves up in the gym and this latest crop should be ready in a season or so.

of course i'm no coach, just a fan, so what the hell do i know?! :huh:

147684[/snapback]

Trevor Francis was notorious for being injured all the time, I'd go so far to say he lost a large part of his game due to injuries, most of all his pace.

The point about youngsters getting injured (prime example being Weslowski) is that they don't have the experience or are just too keen and so don't avoid the risky 50/50 tackles etc. Levien said as much after the game - if he was 23/24 he would never have gone in for the tackle, especially not in a pre season game.

Ditto Stearman last year.

Trevor Francis was notorious for being injured all the time, I'd go so far to say he lost a large part of his game due to injuries, most of all his pace.

The point about youngsters getting injured (prime example being Weslowski) is that they don't have the experience or are just too keen and so don't avoid the risky 50/50 tackles etc.  Levien said as much after the game - if he was 23/24 he would never have gone in for the tackle, especially not in a pre season game.

Ditto Stearman last year.

147839[/snapback]

Your quite right. It's not that they aren't physically developed and that's why they get their legs snapped and stuff, it's the fact they seem quite eager to fly in at 100 mph in to challenges that a destined for injury.

Your quite right. It's not that they aren't physically developed and that's why they get their legs snapped and stuff, it's the fact they seem quite eager to fly in at 100 mph in to challenges that a destined for injury.

147851[/snapback]

How old's Danny Tiatto did you say. :D:D:D

O'grady is a big strong lad but he does not score enough goals he always flatters to deceive , looks strong, fairly quick , good feet but no end result.

Tommy Wright has lost interest as far as I know he is available to anyone who wants to take him.

Have we given James Graham a fair chance , 7 months out with an Injury , 3 goals in 2 Games on his return and not a start in his own position since!!!!

Sheehan and Steerman are probably the only two players who will be at Leicester in 12 months time.

O'grady is a big strong lad but he does not score enough goals he always flatters to deceive , looks strong, fairly quick , good feet but no end result.

Tommy Wright has lost interest as far as I know he is available to anyone who wants to take him.

Have we  given James Graham a fair chance , 7 months out with an Injury , 3 goals in 2 Games on his return and not a start in his own position since!!!!

Sheehan and Steerman are probably  the only two players who will be at Leicester in 12 months time.

147963[/snapback]

we've only got 2 men, we've only got 2 men - i for one hope you are wrong :ph34r:

as for whacking kids in the first team i won't work, unless they are built like heskey (or rooney), like a chap down the pub said (andy caddick? i'm not sure) you'll get the big old pro going in and clattering the new kid and more often than not the kid will get injured (weso, stearman) so a couple of years in the gym and in the stiffs are required from what i've seen of the kids coming through at the mo

147582[/snapback]

:huh::o

there are always young players who can cope with the rough and tumble, like rooney who i mentioned before, but leicester have a bad record on bringing through players who can handle it, heskey and joachim being the only recent examples i can think of.

a good spell in the stiffs, coming on in already sorted games, maybe a few loan spells in lower leagues and spending time building themselves up in the gym and this latest crop should be ready in a season or so.

of course i'm no coach, just a fan, so what the hell do i know?!  :huh:

147834[/snapback]

Stez, some of these players have less than 1 year, or for Porter ,Stearman and Weslowski less than 2.Use your idea of having them sit around in reserves games just waiting for a few years and watching 1st teamers they know they can play better than, well that spells the prime case for them to be snapped up by bigger clubs.And for a fairly reasonable compensation deal. I'd say those clubs have a fairly good idea who can handle the grade.

Archived