Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Captain...

Amnesia hits East Midlands city

News just in:

Reports of selective amnesia breaking out over the East Midlands county of Leicestershire, certain events of the last 12 months seem to have been erased from the memory of these good citizens.

When asked about the events of the previous 12 months most people can recall the discovery of Richard the III, and that the Tigers won the Premiership, but when asked about the beloved football team, most people seem to be unable to recall anything other than defeat after defeat after defeat.

For some strange reason, put down to contamination of the lager at the Counting House, getting to the top of the league and going on 7 match unbeaten runs, smashing 6 goals on more than one occasion and playing some of the most attractive football in the league with one of the youngest first teams, seems to have been wiped out. Not to mention getting within a Frenchman's penalty of a trip to Wembley.

There are teams of Samaritans trying to stave off the sweeping wave of depression slowly spreading across the city as the opening fixture of the new season starts. Armed with facts these green jacketed heroes are trying to remind the populous of these things:

1. We got to the top of the league with the very same players that will be in the squad on Saturday

2. Managed by the same manager that will be picking the team.

3. With one exception we have the same players that won 6 in a row and looked a shoe in for promotion

4. Managed by the same manager that will be picking the team on Saturday.

5. The majority of these players are still young and will have gained a lot from a full season and will be better for it (James, Drinkwater, Schlupp, Wood, RDL, Knocky).

6. Whatever went wrong in the last third of the season looked to have been put behind us as we beat Udinese B in the first leg and only lost twice in the final 8 games of the season, both times to the Pozo collective.

7. Every other team in the championship is going to be seriously restricted by FFP and apart from Bolton nobody seems to be really spending much.

Basically what I'm saying is I don't understand this over the top negativity, I'm not denying we had a poor spell and at times looked naive and clueless, but we also looked like the best team in the league for a number of matches, so I'm not going to slit my wrists until at least October and we are anchored to the foot of the table with no points and resorting to playing Gallagher in defence.

The season starts soon, so cheer the fvck up and enjoy the new season.

Archived