Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fleckneymike

Interesting passing stat from foxblogger

Leicester v Birmingham: Total passes/key passes in league games of the #lcfc midfield three; James (88/3), King (112/5), Drinkwater (174/3).

Drinkwater makes a lot more passes than his nearest rival. Not all of them very constructive (1 in 64 passes are key). 79% pass completion

Andy King isn't as anonymous as we are led to believe (1 in 42ish passes are key). plus 83% pass completion

James hampered by fitness and subs? (1 in 29 are key) 84 pass completion

All from whoscored.com

Leicester v Birmingham: Total passes/key passes in league games of the #lcfc midfield three; James (88/3), King (112/5), Drinkwater (174/3).

Drinkwater makes a lot more passes than his nearest rival. Not all of them very constructive (1 in 64 passes are key).

Andy King isn't as anonymous as we are led to believe (1 in 42ish passes are key).

James hampered by fitness and subs? (1 in 29 are key)

In fact, 1 in 22 for Kingy - he's the most lethal!

flippin heck mike have you got some sort of ocd with statistics ?

just watch the flippin game !!

When did people start talking like this about football ?
 It was all "Worvy had a decent game today" or "did you see that Gary Mac pass to set up Youngy" 

When did fans start talking like escapees from the open university ?

:thumbup:  :D

flippin heck mike have you got some sort of ocd with statistics ?

just watch the flippin game !!

When did people start talking like this about football ?
 It was all "Worvy had a decent game today" or "did you see that Gary Mac pass to set up Youngy" 

When did fans start talking like escapees from the open university ?

:thumbup:  :D

I'm a geek and proud of it.

Love footy stats. Spend most of the game watching the shape of the team rather than the ball. 

Not a big fan of opinions on the game, like arguments based on evidence, explanations of why things work or don't work. 

I'm a geek and proud of it.

Love footy stats. Spend most of the game watching the shape of the team rather than the ball. 

Not a big fan of opinions on the game, like arguments based on evidence, explanations of why things work or don't work. 

:thumbup: whatever turns you on  mike , i was just joking .

i just don't remember hearing anyone talk like you about the football matches that i went to for about 30 odd years  .

Do all you like minded people  congregate together and talk like this ?or is this regular badinage at games nowadays ?

:thumbup: whatever turns you on  mike , i was just joking .

i just don't remember hearing anyone talk like you about the football matches that i went to for about 30 odd years  .

Do all you like minded people  congregate together and talk like this ?or is this regular badinage at games nowadays ?

I just don't think these sort of stats existed 10, 20 or 30 years ago and certainly fans weren't really expected to know or care too much about some of the details. If you tune into MOTD that attitude that an ex pro can simply describe what he sees rather than explaining what he sees still pervades.

I'm in a very small minority when it comes to discussing football (and I'm not saying thats a good or bad thing), most of of my mates couldn't give a shit about half of the useless stats that rattle about my brain.

I just don't think these sort of stats existed 10, 20 or 30 years ago and certainly fans weren't really expected to know or care too much about some of the details. If you tune into MOTD that attitude that an ex pro can simply describe what he sees rather than explaining what he sees still pervades.

I'm in a very small minority when it comes to discussing football (and I'm not saying thats a good or bad thing), most of of my mates couldn't give a shit about half of the useless stats that rattle about my brain.

And they're still your mates Mike? :P

These stats mean nothing.

e.g.

From Drinkwaters stats you could say either...

A - He makes the most movement in the midfield to pick up the ball allowing him to pass it.

or

B - He is too lazy when on the ball and just looks to unload it straight away.

These stats mean nothing.

e.g.

From Drinkwaters stats you could say either...

A - He makes the most movement in the midfield to pick up the ball allowing him to pass it.

or

B - He is too lazy when on the ball and just looks to unload it straight away.

You could if you wanted to wilfully misrepresent the stats.

You could if you wanted to wilfully misrepresent the stats.

Good work on the stats. Might show up those that berate DD for always giving the ball away. I also look at formation/shape more so than following the ball, gives you a better all-round opinion of how we play and how much effort people actually put in without getting the ball!

Archived