Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

ROK On - A Korean Miniblog

Again, cheers for the feedback guys.

If it's all like K-pop and some random Korean drama I got roped into watching, I can't say I'm surprised it's not very successful.

Haha...it's so bad, isn't it? K-dramas are like those telenovelas popular in South America - so much melodrama and overacting its actually quite funny to watch.

There's some good music over here but most of it is indeed pretty plastic - still, it sells well, just like the latest Shite Factor winner sells well in the UK.

Korean cinema is absolutely blinding, however. Some of the best films of this century have been Korean.

Defo this. There are some real gems out there. I'm pretty pissed off that Hollywood did a shitty remake of Oldboy but if it gets more people watching the vastly superior Korean original then I suppose its a good thing.

thanks for taking the trouble to share your experiences leicmac :xmassmile: very interesting 

if you see Psy say hello from me , but tell him i nearly ruptured myself doing that stupid fookin dance with the grandkids and tell him there should be some warning about not trying it at home  :thumbup:

Cheers Zing.

Haha - well, some of my friends who are a band actually were a support act for him when he performed in Cheongju a couple of years back so if it happens again I can get them to pass the message on. :xmastongue:

Thanks for posting btw. Not trying to be rude, just doesn't sound like somewhere I'd rush to visit.

That's alright - you're right it's hardly a tourist spot, but it is a good place to make some money and have a little fun while doing so.

Archived