Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Knighton Matt

Paddy Mac

My only complaint from this evening was the performance of the above. As much as I love his passion, in my opinion he isn't yet good enough. Their big lad up front had him easily all match, his tackles are far too rash, and he gets far too tight to attackers leaving him vulnerable to being turned or giving away silly free kicks. I do remember him making a great block on the edge of the area but that was about it to be honest. Time for Gerrbrand perhaps?

McCarthy - 6 - He's silly sometimes, can do some great things but then some crazy ones. Silly tackle in the second minute and we all know the striker is backing into you Paddy, but don't be silly and put your arms all over him as the ref will give a free kick!

My thoughts ^

He just makes silly fouls that are'nt needed!

I think its time for Gerrbrand to play.

153827[/snapback]

Yup, reminds me of Dabizas without the "chesting"

Leave Paddy in for a few games yet, although

i think he'd be better playin the last man, instead of NEJ, purely because he is the quicker of the two.

i think he'd be better playin the last man, instead of NEJ, purely because he is the quicker of the two.

153835[/snapback]

I would also leave him in, although if he continues to pick up yellow cards... he will exclude himself from a few games.

His first 10 or so minutes last night were shocking; I thought he'd end up getting himself sent off at one stage. Once the game settled, he seemed to, but at times he defends far too naively. Like Bertfox, he does remind me of Dabizas at times! I do wish he'd stop climbing over the opposition to get the ball!!

Yup, reminds me of Dabizas without the "chesting"

153835[/snapback]

Sorry,but I have to disagree, Johansson is a far more accomplished footballer than McCarthy at present. We need that quality as last man.

And it is frightening just how similar to Dabizas McCarthy has become.

Thought that he had a good game against their striker who was huge! But he did make some really poor challeneges and got booked early on which just puts more pressure on himself. He did make some crunch challenges but also gave some stupid free kicks away. Their striker also knew how to get the free kicks off Paddy! He lent back a bit and made Paddy lean over him and give away a free kick. That showed his inexperience.

His first 10 or so minutes last night were shocking; I thought he'd end up getting himself sent off at one stage.  Once the game settled, he seemed to, but at times he defends far too naively.  Like Bertfox, he does remind me of Dabizas at times!  I do wish he'd stop climbing over the opposition to get the ball!!

153884[/snapback]

On this topic of Paddy climbing over the opposition, I did mention to him that I saw this picture of him really being all over this winger (in Norway). His comment was "as you do" (little smile). So it looks as if he thinks that's the way it needs to be done?

Archived