Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Janx

Cool yer boots people!

Is it just me or do people feel that they have to have an "opinion" on the team, players and Manager as soon as the season is underway?

When I say "opinion", to clarify, what I mean is they either rush to either condemn or back to the hilt one way or another??

Its two games in!! How can any of the team, or manager be condemned or praised yet?

Surely we need to see how they all bed together and get going before we have a "judgement"?

So far we have scored 5 and let in 6. we have had one home game and one away.

We have not played our "first 11" and its early days for the Manager with his new look squad.

Why does a player have to be either "shit" or "god" now immediately??

Look at MDV, poor last season, improved this..

Connolly, underconfident and hardworking last, goal demon so far...

Cries of calling for players or manager are ludicrous at the moment, but so are the opposite,

lets give them 5-8 games to get going and go from there? Or is it just me being boring?

:rolleyes::ph34r::)

I'm not getting carried away. The only thing i'm praising excessively is David Connolly and he deserves it. This lad had pedigree when he signed for us, he has had stick from alot of Leicester fans and it was undeserved. I've stuck by him and said he'd come good for a whole year and now it's happened. This isn't the first time Connolly has gone on a scoring frenzy and it won't be the last, but Connolly has most certainly entered the building at Leicester.

I'm not getting carried away. The only thing i'm praising excessively is David Connolly and he deserves it. This lad had pedigree when he signed for us, he has had stick from alot of Leicester fans and it was undeserved. I've stuck by him and said he'd come good for a whole year and now it's happened. This isn't the first time Connolly has gone on a scoring frenzy and it won't be the last, but Connolly has most certainly entered the building at Leicester.

154050[/snapback]

exactly, last season everyone wanted his head but most like me and you didnt.

what happened to the cockeds that called for MDV after one match and Levein out after our defeat on Saturday, granted some of these are on other sites, but lets remember this league has very little if any "form" anyone can and will beat anyone, so basing ANY decisions on manager or players after 2 games is ill advised

Boring :P

Nah good point janks, the same was said last season with Adams and Connolly. Most people said give them ten games, and then if nothing improves then fair enough slag them off. I also remember this time last season we all though Makin was the best thing since sliced bread and look how he turned out. :blink:

Not getting carried away but it was great to watch a Leicester side fighting for the shirt.

The thing about playing that well is that the bar has been raised now and we expect more of the same.

I've not been the biggest flag waver for Levein but this is his side now and I liked what I saw last night. It his his responsibility to maintain and hopefully continue the improvement.

It's early doors but I'm smiling more than I smiled last season. :)

I do think some people are getting carried away yes, and whilst it is early days, I'm still concerned by the lack of leadership at times on the pitch, which was evident in both games. I'm not asking for any chopping or changing though, well, except for Douglas perhaps.... :P

I was disappointed because when we conceded goals our heads dropped and it meant Levein had to shout loads to get the players going again. I thought Joey did well in comming to collect the ball after their second coz it showed he wanted to get on with the game. But Lisa is right, we need some loud leaders. Someone who can get the team going again after conceding. I think Dion does that well but he wont be playing much if things stay the same. Maybe it will change with Tiatto comming in. Its early days but we are playing nice football and things are looking up. I said this after the Sheff Utd game, we played some nice football and did well, apart from the last 10 mins!

I do think some people are getting carried away yes, and whilst it is early days, I'm still concerned by the lack of leadership at times on the pitch, which was evident in both games.  I'm not asking for any chopping or changing though, well, except for Douglas perhaps.... :P

154089[/snapback]

Levein has said that he isn't interested in having a natural leader out on the pitch, he wants 11 players fighting and sweating blood for the cause. He says 11 players fighting like that will outweight a natural leader every time. He has a point, but I still think we need an icon to gee the other ten players up.

Levein has said that he isn't interested in having a natural leader out on the pitch, he wants 11 players fighting and sweating blood for the cause. He says 11 players fighting like that will outweight a natural leader every time. He has a point, but I still think we need an icon to gee the other ten players up.

154113[/snapback]

Exactly; all it needs is for one person to take control out there, not 11 individuals battling it out. There are times where I think we lack organisation. Last night for example, Stoke were down to 10 men, and yet we still had everyone in our own area to defend a corner. You could see CL doing his nut on the touchline urging someone to push out, but nobody on the pitch was taking the blindest bit of notice. One of the players should have been doing the same.

Is it just me or do people feel that they have to have an "opinion" on the team, players and Manager as soon as the season is underway?

When I say "opinion", to clarify, what I mean is they either rush to either condemn or back to the hilt one way or another??

Its two games in!! How can any of the team, or manager be condemned or praised yet?

Surely we need to see how they all bed together and get going before we have a "judgement"?

We have not played our "first 11" and its early days for the Manager with his new look squad.

Why does a player have to be either "shit" or "god" now immediately??

Look at MDV, poor last season, improved this..

Connolly, underconfident and hardworking last, goal demon so far...

Cries of calling for players or manager are ludicrous at the moment, but so are the opposite,

lets give them 5-8 games to get going and go from there? Or is it just me being boring?

:rolleyes:  :ph34r:  :)

154045[/snapback]

You call it as you see it. It is unrealistic to wait til we see our "first Xl". Doubt it will ever play, even if you knew what it was. But I'd like to think that every member of our first team squad was a plus, someone who genuinely belonged there and would make a valuable contribution.

No-one's daft enough to think any "judgement" is written in stone. Even Connolly and certainly MDV have had their knockers but they've obviously worked their socks off to improve and most of the posters I've read seem magnanimous enough to adjust their viewpoint if the player deserves it.

If I think Gilbert's a weakness after two games and I don't to wait eight games to say so then, in my view, I'm trying to save City some of the 18 extra points that would be at stake if he played.

Of course I might be wrong. Of course he might train his whotsits off and make me look an idiot. And how would I feel then. Bloody delighted, that's what? But don't ask me to do a Leicester Mercury and mark they players as if they are doing a PR exercise.

I honestly wonder if they actually watch the game sometimes or if they've forever got their heads in their notebooks and miss what actually happens.

As for the comments they put beside the marks they are so inane as to be pointless.

No detail. No pertinent observation. Just bland and uninformative.

You call it as you see it. It is unrealistic to wait til we see our "first Xl". Doubt it will ever play, even if you knew what it was. But I'd like to think that every member of our first team squad was a plus, someone who genuinely belonged there and would make a valuable contribution.

No-one's daft enough to think any "judgement" is written in stone. Even Connolly and certainly MDV have had their knockers but they've obviously worked their socks off to improve and most of the posters I've read seem magnanimous enough to adjust their viewpoint if the player deserves it.

If I think Gilbert's a weakness after two games and I don't to wait eight games to say so then, in my view, I'm trying to save City some of the 18 extra points that would be at stake if he played.

Of course I might be wrong. Of course he might train his whotsits off and make me look an idiot. And how would I feel then. Bloody delighted, that's what? But don't ask me to do a Leicester Mercury and mark they players as if they are doing a PR exercise.

I honestly wonder if they actually watch the game sometimes or if they've forever got their heads in their notebooks and miss what actually happens. 

As for the comments they put beside the marks they are so inane as to be pointless.

No detail. No pertinent observation. Just bland and uninformative.

154178[/snapback]

If you are so good at picking players after seeing 180minutes of football you should be running the team, go back to cham manager 2005 you muppet.

If you are so good at picking players after seeing 180minutes of football you should be running the team, go back to cham manager 2005 you muppet.

154183[/snapback]

You really should know more about people if you're going to insult them.

Suffice to say I think I've earned my right to an opinion.

With respect to the original post, I think it's fair to say that many people may be judging the team on the final third of last season, as well as the first couple of games this year. There has certainly been a steady improvement over that period.

154045[/snapback]

Says it all really. The dust needs to settle on this league a bit before we can reach any conclusions. Luton have won 2/2, for example.

At least we're entertaining to watch ;)

You really should know more about people if you're going to insult them.

Suffice to say I think I've earned my right to an opinion.

154355[/snapback]

How many league clubs have you managed? I'm sure your CV was really close to the topof the pile when City appointed CL. You are a wordy keyboard warrior with an over inflated opinion of yourself.

How many league clubs have you managed?  I'm sure your CV was really close to the topof the pile when City appointed CL.  You are a wordy keyboard warrior with an over inflated opinion of yourself.

154443[/snapback]

A bit of a strange question to ask? After all, I'd bet that 100% of FT posters haven't managed a real professional football club. ;)

As a paying customer of LCFC, Thracian is surely entitled to his opinion on any player? The variance of opinions on this site is what keeps it interesting.

If you don't like a point of view, put across an alternative rather than attacking the poster personally. :)

Keep on posting, only me, but as a wise man once said on this forum, "Chilax"". :thumbup::mellow:

Boring :P

Nah good point janks, the same was said last season with Adams and Connolly. Most people said give them ten games, and then if nothing improves then fair enough slag them off. I also remember this time last season we all though Makin was the best thing since sliced bread and look how he turned out.  :blink:

154057[/snapback]

I didnt, he got turned inside out during the hammers game and people got in behind him (sorry he let people in behind him) several times.

But yes, like you say, we have to give people time to bed in and not make too many snap decisions... :thumbup:

But yes, like you say, we have to give people time to bed in and not make too many snap decisions...  :thumbup:

154475[/snapback]

I also think - in general - we are being a bit quick at judging players and manager. It is partly human nature and partly keeps us busy while waiting for the next match!

Let us just hope that - months from now - some of our posts will have been forgotten and not quoted to show how wrong we were...

How many league clubs have you managed?  I'm sure your CV was really close to the topof the pile when City appointed CL.  You are a wordy keyboard warrior with an over inflated opinion of yourself.

154443[/snapback]

I don't want to say a word about my sporting record but I'd pretty well guarantee it was better than yours.

I don't want to say a word about my sporting record but I'd pretty well guarantee it was better than yours.

154614[/snapback]

Unlikely matey, what were you saying about knowing who you are talking to?

A bit of a strange question to ask?  After all, I'd bet that 100% of FT posters haven't managed a real professional football club.  ;)

As a paying customer of LCFC, Thracian is surely entitled to his opinion on any player?  The variance of opinions on this site is what keeps it interesting.

If you don't like a point of view, put across an alternative rather than attacking the poster personally.  :)

Keep on posting, only me, but as a wise man once said on this forum, "Chilax"".  :thumbup:  :mellow:

154460[/snapback]

I can understand people having an opinion but to have such a strong opinion about a player who has played less than 2 games for the club and to come on this forum shouting your mouth off is not exactly helpful.

Unlikely matey, what were you saying about knowing who you are talking to?

154621[/snapback]

I didn't lay the gauntlet down, you did, so why not back up your boast and lay some cards down cos it's obviously you who really has the high opinion of himself. I'm way too old to have illusions.

I didn't lay the gauntlet down, you did, so why not back up your boast and lay some cards down cos it's obviously you who really has the high opinion of himself. I'm way too old to have illusions.

154774[/snapback]

Sorry I'm not a keyboard warrior and won't be swapping stats with you, I'll be in the Gateway before saturdays match most likely if you want a debate.

Sorry I'm not a keyboard warrior and won't be swapping stats with you, I'll be in the Gateway before saturdays match most likely if you want a debate.

154817[/snapback]

Don't know if you consider everyone else who posts on this forum as a "keyboard warrior" but it'd be a pretty pointless site if all the warriors suddenly "died out".

Anyway, as stated elsewhere, my football "local" is the real ale pub by the hospital (Wagon and Horses I think) though I doubt even the nectar they serve in that establishment would likely sooth the obvious antipathy we have towards each other.

However, if you get in there, I will buy you one and happily converse with you about any subject you like except personal sporting achievements cos, in truth, I reflect far more on what I didn't do than what I did (which will doubtless surprise you, my having "such a high opinion of myself")

Archived