Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Goalkeepers - crisis of confidence

We're building up a real problem with our goalkeepers without delving too deep into confirming facts, which I know I should but with Rab letting in 6 in 2 games and Henderson letting in 11 in two of his games I'm getting :o:o:o:o:o

The facts speak for them selves but there have only been a few games played by both keepers and Rab had a considerably better game against Stoke. Give him a few more matches to settle in, play with the same defence and i think he will be ok. He is the best that we could have at the moment considering the amount of money we have.

Usually I'd defend the keeper by telling you there are 10 men infront of him, but in the case of Rab Douglas I don't think I could!

He did look a lot better vs Stoke but still looks indecisive about coming out to players feet, mind you having had a peno given against you for doing exactly that on the first day can't have helped. What worries me more though is that the two goals against Stoke came from players Paddy Mccarthy should have been watching. We need communication in the back 4, i'm yet to see Rab really command his Defence. Nils Eric leads by example but not vocally so we need someone back there to take that responsibility on.

We're building up a real problem with our goalkeepers without delving too deep into confirming facts, which I know I should but with Rab letting in 6 in 2 games and Henderson letting in 11 in two of his games I'm getting  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o

154777[/snapback]

Careful DavieG you'll get a lot of flak calling players after only one or two games. :ph34r::ph34r: I'm getting nervous posting at all - especially having not been a Premiership manager - in fact I'm surprised the forum's not been put on hold til Christmas so there's sufficient time to form a fair, rational and indisputable opinion on everything that's been going on.

Maybe but he's more vocal than mogadon Walk about Walker was :blink:

I'm not implying that all the goals were the fault of the keeprs but I would suggest that letting in that many goals would affect anyones confidence no matter who was at fault.

What worries me more though is that the two goals against Stoke came from players Paddy Mccarthy should have been watching. We need communication in the back 4, i'm yet to see Rab really command his Defence.

Nils Eric leads by example but not vocally so we need someone back there to take that responsibility on.

154800[/snapback]

I think Paddy was watching them, perhaps not closely enough at times. Just been reviewing the goals... seems as if he narrowly missed the ball in one case and this resulted in a goal.

It also seems that he was in support of Connolly during one of his goal-scoring actions (Paddy was taking care of a player who would otherwise have been targeting Connolly). No one can be everywhere all the time...

I thought Maybury was quite vocal?

Archived