Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ferry jambo

Rab the Brickie

Give it time, the guy is piss poor, guarentee by the end of the season he is warming the  bench and hated by you lot!

As long as he stays away from the scotland no1 jersey i'll be happy

155046[/snapback]

Well he's not exactly got off to the best of starts in his Leicester career. Hopefully things will improve but at his age and with his experience you would really expect better performances, the ability to command his area, and some communication with his defence. The jury is very much out :unsure:

But we will have to stick by him and support him until he costs us (which hopefully won't happen).

Remember that every player goes through being crap, everyone said how good walker was, can you remember him when we got promoted last time, he went through about 5 games being pathetic, remember the goal against bolton where he arsed it in? he saved it dropped it, fell over and put it in his own net, half the bolton players had turned around and running back, they didnt know they had scored. If anyone can get a vid of that... :):):):scarf:

Walker Vs Bolton Wanderers

Yes, Walks went through a tough couple of months where nothing went right for him but he kept at it and built his confidence back up. Arguably, Walks was one of our best players for three of his four seasons with us though. His contribution to the team when we won promotion was top notch and even throughout the 2001/2002 season he showed his quality behind a poor backline.

It's easy to blame the keeper for goals. He was to blame for the penalty at Sheffield but I think it was all-round poor defending for the other three goals up there, not just Rab. I was down the other end for Stoke's goals so I'll have to watch the highlights before I can say if he was to blame for them or not. He's shown us some of his strengths and some of his weaknesses in his first few games. I'm willing to see how he looks when the back four infront of him have settled down and started to form better partnerships before I call him or praise him.

Give him time. I like the way he distributes the ball well and he does seem to talk to his defenders a lot. If he gets used to the way the back four play and the defence build confidence in him then he should be fine. He also needs to build his own confidence and the only way he can do that is by playing games. Give the guy a few more games and i think he will be ok.

And IMO he is the best that we can afford and he is not a bad keeper to get on a free transfer!

It's all the brickie is good for!

I have seen him play in person around 30 times or more over the last 5 years as well as regularly on the tv and have to say he is one of the worst i have seen!

the fact levein signed him amazes me and im just glad it was for you and not us

early signs arent great but given his age, experience and the level we are playing he could well do a job for us. We didnt have enough money to splash around on Dida or Buffon or anyone so Douglas was the next best thing.. ;o)

As Hitesh points out, once he gets used to the back line his confidence will improve and he'll be commanding in the area. Just need to give him time. I dont think him being crap in scotland recently has too much of an effect - he didnt get too many regular games of late and wasnt really assured about where his career was going. This type of move to Leicester can act as a new lease of life and I believe this will help him.

I say we give him at least 10 games before we start shouting for him to be replaced. Try looking at the improvements from game to game - first was quite poor whereas second game he did much much better.

I have seen him play in person around 30 times or  more over the last 5 years as well as regularly on the tv and have to say he is one of the worst i have seen!

155326[/snapback]

I could say the same of David James - god only knows how he became the England first choice but he did.

I have seen him play in person around 30 times or  more over the last 5 years as well as regularly on the tv and have to say he is one of the worst i have seen!

155326[/snapback]

If you have seen him play 30 times or more over the last 5 years in person then you are really a closet tim or a very sad tartan army fan.

closet tim?

hearts have played celtic 4 times a season for the past 5 years

in addition to cup games were we always get them in at least one cup game, add to that scotland games, it is approximatly 30!

closet tim my erse, just loyal hearts fan who follows the team away from home as well as my ST :blink:

You just need to ignore Ferry. He is an @rse of the highest order, he's not liked on kickback cos all he does is moan and whine about this player and that player. He never has anything good to say about anyone.

Seriously not all Hearts supporters are like him.

I have a genuine interest in how Leicester do this season. Craig was a well liked manager and you have several high profile ex-jambos.

I hope you have a good season

Cheers

PJ

You just need to ignore Ferry. He is an @rse of the highest order, he's not liked on kickback cos all he does is moan and whine about this player and that player. He never has anything good to say about anyone.

I have a genuine interest in how Leicester do this season. Craig was a well liked manager and you have several high profile ex-jambos.

Cheers

PJ

155859[/snapback]

Thanks. You to Proud_Jambo. Hearts are probably my favourite team north of the border now MON's left Celtic. Our only connection with them is Lennon now. I never know who we might sign from you next so I take an interest although I'm not too keen on your manager. :)

Cheers

PJ

155859[/snapback]

Ferry sounds like Andy from Longeaton :D

Archived