Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stuliasz

Player Ratings vs Ipswich Town

Keep the ratings coming in guys, I'm gonna extend the deadline until Tuesday although everyone will have probably voted by then anyway as I have an exam on Tuesday morning and I don't want it to get in the way.

So if you haven't voted yet you still have plenty of time, go to Player-Ratings.co.uk to cast your vote.

The results as they stand are incredibly close for both man of the match and flop of the match, each and every vote that comes in seems to change it between numerous players, so your vote will count.

Keep the ratings coming in guys, I'm gonna extend the deadline until Tuesday although everyone will have probably voted by then anyway as I have an exam on Tuesday morning and I don't want it to get in the way.

So if you haven't voted yet you still have plenty of time, go to Player-Ratings.co.uk to cast your vote.

The results as they stand are incredibly close for both man of the match and flop of the match, each and every vote that comes in seems to change it between numerous players, so your vote will count.

156490[/snapback]

Keep up the good work Sheffield Fox. It is much appreciated.

Douglas-7 Was dependable when crosses came in and I also liked it how he distributed the ball quickly when he gathered the ball.

Maybury-7 Played well but i thought the right side was not as effective as usual.

Gilbert-6 Made some crucial interventoins but also got turned quite regularly.

McCarthy-8 I thought Paddy played brilliant today. He swept up any danger nicely and also seemed very composed for a younger member of the squad.

Johansson-7Handled what was thrown at him and also looked composed.

Sylla-6 Not his usual self probably due to his niggling injury.

Tiatto-5 Nice tro see Danny back as he gave us some extra bite but gave the ball away needlessly sometimes.

Williams-8 In my opinion Williams is getting better and better each game. He plays like he is older than he is. He has some deft touches and he never seems to lose the ball.

Gudjonsson-7 Played well again although gave possession away a few too many times.

De Vries-6 Not as good as tuesday but at least he is getting better.

Connolly-7 Worked his socks off again and on another day he would of grabbed himself a handful.

Subs

Dublin-6 Gave us another option when he came on as he gave us an aerial threat.

Hammond-7 Was impressed with him again. He could of scored 2 goals and his pace scares the opposition. Sign him up!!

Douglas - 7 - Much improved performance, his positioning still worries me a bit but I thought he seemed a lot better generally, caught some good crosses and made a couple of great saves. I hope he keeps improving....

Maybury - 6 - Slightly better than on Tuesday but still a pretty quiet game by his standards. Good move in the second half when he had a shot that went just wide but most of the time he seemed to stay back when he should have gone forward, or he went forward when he should have just passed it. Also he gave away a few free kicks in dangerous areas.

McCarthy - 8 - Probably my MOTM, great game from Paddy. Won everything in the air, and played the ball out of defence wonderfully. I’m probably too used to hoofing, because just the simple things Paddy was doing like chesting it down and passing through to midfield looked great to me when what we’ve seen in previous years has been just knocking it straight up field and hoping someone gets it. Very little of his tugging on shirts etc. and he managed not to get booked!

Johansson - 7 - I like him more and more each time I see him, very cool headed and doesn’t seem to panic at the back, can be a bit quiet at times but not because he’s doing nothing.

Gilbert - 7 - Better performance than on Tuesday, liked to scare us in the final minutes when he gave them back the ball just outside the area and with plenty of room to shoot but otherwise I think he did well. Again the simple stuff is the stuff he excelled on, I still don’t think he’s a very attacking player but he was good in defence and didn’t deserve some of the criticism the crowd was giving him, maybe its something about leftbacks.

Sylla - 5 - I thought he had a very poor game by his standards, I know he was injured before the match but as he was deemed fit enough to play I feel I can criticise him for being poor. Didn’t try to go past the fullback as we know he can do and overall his lack-of-sharpness was very evident, I can’t remember him putting in very many crosses. Needed to be taken off and was.

Williams - 8 - If anything I thought Williams was better against Ipswich than he was against Stoke, he put in some very good passes and showed good vision. One bit of his game that hasn’t improved though seems to be his shooting, as with last season he seems to hesitate a little too much, which is a pity because he often gets into some quite good positions. If anything I’d say that’s the main difference between him and Hughes. Still, how he keeps possession of the ball sometimes when he’s got three players on him I’ll never know.

Gudjonsson - 8 - I thought he was superb again in midfield, especially liked the moment in the first half when he took the ball out defence and with three Ipswich players around him ran it into their half with a good flick and a nice show of pace (before being tackled). Had a good shot saved in the first few minutes and was generally all over the place, lost out on a couple of tackles but always tried to get the ball back afterwards. Long may it continue.

Tiatto - 4 - I’m not much of a Tiatto fan anyway (don’t think he’s played well since the start of last season) and on this performance I hope he gets dropped and Wilcox gets put back in (and I don’t like Wilcox much either!!). He kept passing it to the opposition, seemed too slow in picking up passes given to him, hardly put in a good cross all game and was basically ineffective in everything he attempted. I know he won’t get dropped as he’s a Levein favourite (and club captain) but I think we have a much better shape with Wilcox in the side.

Connolly - 8 - Because of the lack of service from midfield he was again forced to go out wide and collect the ball, especially in the latter half of the match. Still shows that confidence and sharpness though, I’m not worried that Tuesday was just a blip, he’ll score again soon. Not sure if that goal he scored was really offside...

De Vries - 6 - Not as good as on Tuesday, and unfortunately that is the yardstick by which he will be measured now, still had a couple of good moves in him but seemed very lightweight at moments! Always falling over for no particular reason, but usually at important points.

Subs:

Dublin - 6 - I don’t really think he made much of a difference when he came on, people say he wins headers but the only time I saw him doing that was for Williams’s chance near the end.

Hammond - 7 - Again he impressed me, showed pace and willingness to get stuck in, I’d like to see him get a bit longer in games, and possibly in his proper position.

Archived