Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stuliasz

Player Ratings vs Ipswich Town

Douglas: 7

Maybury: 7

Gilbert: 6

Johansson: 7

McCarthy: 3

Sylla: 3

Tiatto: 2

Gudjonsson: 6

Williams: 6

Connolly: 7

De Vries: 3

Dublin: 7

Hammond: 7

McCarthy, Sylla, Tiatto were rubbish today, look how many times they lost possesion.

156180[/snapback]

I thought McCarthy was excellent today, did his defensive job superbly well and his distribution was not that bad.

Based on Sheffs ratings I think I'll give them ALL 6

(6 - An average performance. Didn't do badly but could have done better)

Pretty grey team performance today, not because there were no goals. I just go the feeling that Ipswich wern't that good, they looked dodgy defensively and rarely threatened until the last ten minutes and were there for the taking.

I felt we gave them too much respect, probably based on last season's perfomances, I don't believe they are near that this year - we seem to lack confidence in our ability to take the game to them until the last ten minutes. Two points lost in my opinion although the clean sheet was a minor plus point.

Douglas: 7 - solid, didnt really have much to do, but collected some crosses very well. Another improved performance im glad to say. :)

Maybury: 6 - Average performance really. Didnt do much in attack, but at least he wasnt caught as he was against Stoke.

Gilbert: 6 - Not bad, but missed a few tackles and wasnt great going forward but wasnt helped by Tiatto constantly drifting from the left and leaving him exposed.

Johansson: 7 - Commanding performance twinned with McCarthy, and they looked better as a pairing

McCarthy: 7 - much better withtout the persistent fouling, although for some reason today he seemed hesistant before smashing it into the stands.

Sylla: 6 - Wasnt great today, maybe to do with his hamstring problem i suppose.

Tiatto: 4 - Although he's energetic, he gives away too many free kicks in dangerous areas and NEVER stayed on the left side leaving Gilbert exposed which is not what you want with a young full back. I want Jordan Stewart back. Now.

Gudjonsson: 6 - Didn't see much of him really, but he worked harder and worked in tandom with Williams which was positive.

Williams: 6 - his worst performance of the seaosn so far, but he wasnt far away from a decent performance. he lost the ball a couple of times, but he was still reasonably influential with Joey.

Connolly: 7 - Always dropped back into midfield to look for the ball, and i love to see strikers hunting the ball instead of letting it come to them, probably one of the differences between early last season and now.

De Vries: 6 - dissapointing after the Stoke game but was still ok, he draws a lot of defenders when the ball is played to feet or chest, which is what he needs to do.

--------------SUBS-------------

Dublin: 5 - didnt get into the game at all really.

Hammond: 5 - lost the ball a few times but at least he took the players on. He's also got pace, shown when he skinned Wilnis (i think) and put in a decent cross.

-----------OVERALL---------

An ok performance, not good, not bad, but average. We didnt threaten much up front and were held by a moderate Ipswich team who will not make the play-offs. I agree with davieG in saying that we gave them a hell of a lot of respect, and we should not do that at home to anybody. Our defence was much improved and im looking forward to when we get both defence and attack right because we'll match a lot of sides. :)

The web site is ready to take your ratings.

Go to Player-Ratings.co.uk to register your vote.

Mine are:

Maybury: 6.5

Gilbert: 6.5

Johansson: 8

McCarthy: 8

Sylla: 6

Tiatto: 5.5

Gudjonsson: 7.5

Williams: 6.5

De Vries: 6

Dublin: 5

156176[/snapback]

How strange! Williams got man of the match so you give him 6.5? De Vries 6? Maybury 6.5?

I get the feeling that most of you do not feel we played well today? I would like to know your thoughts please.  :D

156282[/snapback]

I dont think we played well today, otherwise i would have given the majority of the team 7's. I think it was an average performance against an average team.

Maybury: 7

Gilbert: 6

Johansson: 8

McCarthy: 4

Sylla: 6

Tiatto: 5

Gudjonsson: 7

Williams: 8

De Vries: 6

I think Mark de Vries was a bit tired after a hard week. When was the last time he played 3 games in a week? A long time ago. Don't be too worried by his performance. He started brilliant but got rather tired.

I thought we played ok, but due to the conditions, or being dragged down to Ipswich's level a bit, we didn't play at our sharpest. We didn't play poorly by any means but the 3 points were there for the taking and we didn't take them.

Some of these ratings are unbelievable. McCarthy had a great game today. Williams also. Dublin looked lazy and slow, but he did his job absolutely perfectly, setting up a guilt edged chance for Williams the the knockdown and winning every header he went up for.

Based on Sheffs ratings I think I'll give them ALL 6

(6 - An average performance. Didn't do badly but could have done better)

Pretty grey team performance today, not because there were no goals. I just go the feeling that Ipswich wern't that good, they looked dodgy defensively and rarely threatened until the last ten minutes and were there for the taking.

I felt we gave them too much respect, probably based on last season's perfomances, I don't believe they are near that this year - we seem to lack confidence in our ability to take the game to them until the last ten minutes.  Two points lost in my opinion although the clean sheet was a minor plus point.

156229[/snapback]

Spot on. davieG....10.

Archived