Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Should we have a 4 day week?

The problem is most businesses are entrenched in the standard working week, and so are schools. If you were designing a system of efficient employment from scratch you wouldn't have 2 days where nobody does any work. Retail has changed a lot with the realisation that god won't strike you down if you work on Sunday, so why not office work?

The problem then is that so much is geared around the weekend, sporting events concerts festivals, that making any change would be unpopular, but the reality is most big businesses work in a global capacity, anyone who has worked with the middle east knows that they don't work Fridays but do work Sundays that is 2 days where business stagnates between 2 important economies.

Likewise different timezones while we stay entrenched in hour 9-5 we miss out on vital trading hours with the Americas or Australia.

If I could design a system of employment from scratch I would make it task based and allow people to fit it around their schedule, I work from home a lot, sometimes I get in late or very early especially if travelling, what is the point in having to get up early and start working at 8am when I am knackered when I can sleep in and work later when I am fully refreshed

You give people tasks and trust them to manage their time to effectively then it really doesn't matter what days and what time they work.

Getting on to working a four day week, I think the best option would be 4 days on the clock and three days 'available' most people can access their e-mails wherever they are and be available for quick calls and to make decisions, and if needed to log on and do a bit of work at short notice, or at least have an understudy who can be instructed easily to do what ever needs doing.

Soon I do hope we will get away from this Monday to Friday mentality and adopt a more progressive attitude to work.

Whether we will work more or less in this scenario I don't know, but there is nothing I hate more than sitting in an office with fvck all to do, but having to stay there until 5, especially as you know some cvnt is going to dump something on you at 5 to 5.

I've been doing about 60-70 hrs a week for about 2-3 months now, it is beyond shit. Just no life at all, I feel like I live at work! 9-5 job does make sense, especially if you can switch off in the evenings and weekends

70 hours a week, kinel lol

I do  45 including breaks and that feels like a lot

Archived