Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
copunk

4-5-1 for next season?

Ah, looking back, it's not quite 98%....

Leicester are undefeated in 96.9% (league) games that featured Matty James

He's played 33 league games. He's lost one. Charlton away. To be fair to Matty, he didn't even play the whole match.

EXTRA: He's played 38 in all competitions. Losing 3 games:

Charlton: Sent off at 51 mins

Man City: Came on in the second half. Leicester drew the second half 1-1

Stoke: Played the whole match. Got no excuse this time.

So, overall, in all competitions, we are undefeated in 92.1% of games featuring James. I think we'll stick to just the league stats...

Nabbed that, hope you don't! Incredble from Matty. 

Based on today's game I hope not.

Not quite sure what match some of you were watching but it didn't work at all. We struggled to create chances in the first half and it was only when James came on and we had our usual middle 2 that we started to turn it on like we know we can.

What has 'worked wonders' has been 4-4-2 all season and I see no reason to change it at this point. Of course, switching it around when needed is fine, and hopefully that's why Pearson trialled this formation today.

Rather than James' influence I'd say QPR searching for an equaliser and their later sending off, helped the potential for our creating chances but once we went ahead we didn't really show any great appetite for committing players forward.

There was a glaring example featuring King and Knockaert which both demonstrated as much and also emphasised the difficulty of anyone reading Knockaert's intentions, given that he'd taken too many touches most of the afternoon.

King played a through pass and Knocky played an instant lay-off for Kingy to run on to but the latter simply wasn't anticipating it, nor was he inclined to leave the central midfield area where forces were gathered to see out the game.

Archived