Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AcidRoyal

worst genre

What is your worst genre of music?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. What is your worst genre of music?

• Dance/Trance
    • Pop
    • Hip Hop/ Rap
    • Heavy Metal
    • Jazz
    • Classical/Opera/Choir
    • Rock
    • Soul
    • House/Garage
    • Indie
    • Reggae/Ska
    • Rock 'n' Roll
    • Country and Western
    • Punk
    • Ambient

I think many people slagging off metal haven't got a clue about it. It seems it's bands like Slipknot that sway your decision, but they are really the most awful band that has ever been in the 'rock' scene, and to make them a symbol for metal is downright disgraceful....

I very much dislike hip hop/rap and the new r'n'b (what happened to the old term?) because of the silly image the succesful artists (want to) get. I never listen to Country as it's just uninspiring boring music, but the genre I have never liked and probably never will is punk. I never understood the point of punk music, and I frankly can't understand their attitude. They don't provoke anything positive in my opinion, but maybe that is down to a misunderstanding of their culture... ?

158161[/snapback]

Bands like Pantera and Slipknot diverted me away from Heavy Metal/ Heavy Rock/ Punk, whatever you want to call it. Its just seems like noise to me. Not music. I've chilled out a bit when it comes to music, and have moved to liking dance and Trance, hip-hop etc... I still enjoy listening to some forms of Rock music i think. But now imnot sure what the definition of 'Rock' is, due to the increasing number of 'Punk Rock' bands who soil the genre.

Who voted for  Punk  :angry: :angry:

158303[/snapback]

Go on, name me a punk band. Back up whatever you're trying to say.

Rock and Punk rock are very different C-man, what a ridiculous suggestion that punk soils "rock" music. I don't get it?

As Shen said, most people don't have a clue on here.

Rock and Punk rock are very different C-man, what a ridiculous suggestion that punk soils "rock" music. I don't get it?

As Shen said, most people don't have a clue on here.

158458[/snapback]

:doh: oops, it was a bit ridiculous to be honest. I probably dont have a clue myself but as i said in my previous post, i'm not sure what the defintion of Rock Music is. I wont comment next time. :rolleyes:;):thumbup:

I went for rock, mainly because Ican't really deffine heavy metal. punk etc they all seem to sound the same to me a load of noise and awfull sounds similar to a kid playing with pots and pans.

But what you have to remember is everyone is different and if a certain type of music floats someones boat then fair enough, but what were those 4 people who voted dance where thinking :o;)

Archived