Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Random Burglar

Rooney

Rooney pledges to curb his temper

Manchester United's England striker Wayne Rooney has vowed to improve his disciplinary record this season.

Ahead of Wednesday's friendly with Denmark, he said: "Moving to United was always going to benefit me, working with the manager and the players there.

"I have learnt a lot and I have matured a lot, both on and off the field.

"I want to make sure I don't get booked for dissent. Every player does it but it gets highlighted a lot more because of who I am."

He added: "I'm looking to cut out the silly bookings."

Rooney, who turns 20 in November, is adamant he made the right move in going to Old Trafford despite ending his first season there trophyless.

The £27m striker said: "Obviously Chelsea have a lot of money and some players see that as a good opportunity to do whatever, but I chose United because it was the best move for me. I really didn't fancy going to live in London.

"I wanted to stay close to home (in Liverpool). Once I knew United were interested, there was only one place I was going."

He is also looking forward to next summer's World Cup - assuming England qualify - and is keen to repeat the impact he made at Euro 2004.

Rooney said: "Hopefully I can go there and have the time of my life."

Its going to be tought but at least he is trying. I think his agression is a good part to the game but only to an extent. If its within the laws of the game then its good to see but i dont like it when he lashes out and starts using ever swear word under the sun!

I don't think Ericson's got the nerve to win it whatever Rooney does. He's thorough, he's knowledgable but he just doesn't have the dynanism to make his players world beaters.

Close, maybe, but not quite.

157839[/snapback]

Yep, as Fowler said, we will never win the world cup with Erikson in charge. He'll prob retire after the 2006 world cup, and I for one would like to see Mourinho in charge.

ate all the pies lol

157902[/snapback]

and the roast chicket, 3 yorkshire puddings, 5 large roast potatoes, brocolli, rice, and peas, cottage pie, and a huge steak! Then for desert he was served Black Forrest Gatteux but resturned it saying he played for Man Utd ( :ph34r: ) so then had Apple Crumble (remiding him of the way Fergie's career at Man Utd was crumbling.)!

Edit: Woah...reading back, some lame jokes! Do apoligise!

Wayne Rooney will win us the World Cup, trust me! :D

157781[/snapback]

Well he has the potential, along with Gerrard, Owen, Lampard, Terry and a few others.

But if the team play like they did last night, we won't even make it to Germany! :(

Well he has the potential, along with Gerrard, Owen, Lampard, Terry and a few others.

But if the team play like they did last night, we won't even make it to Germany!  :(

158155[/snapback]

"Team" is the key word. We have some great individual players, but they aren't a team. And the 'fillers' aren't that spectacular either.

But if the team play like they did last night, we won't even make it to Germany!  :(

158155[/snapback]

Look at the first half, we did alright, and that was our strongest team pretty much, and that'll be the team that will get us to the world cup and play in the world cup. It was just the second half and all the other players who weren't pulling there weight.

Look at the bright side of life.... :D

If we had 11 players like Rooney, with Rooney passion, and will to win, England would have no problems, some footballers in the game these days want to win, but they care about other things (Fashion, looks, celebrity, money) to much.

Fair enough if we had 11 players like Rooney playing we'd probably finish the game with about 9 players but i'd be quite confident we would win more game!

Archived