Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Orkneyfox

Photpgraph file extensions

I sometimes attempt to post photographs into various threads and occasionally get the message " File extension not allowed in this community"  Why is this, which ones are allowed and is it easy to change a file extension to something suitable?  I have windows XP.

TIA.

Don't know about the file extensions, but I do know Windows XP isn't supported any more by Microsoft, meaning you're supposedly vulnerable to hackers and viruses if you continue to use it while surfing the web

I spent several hours yesterday replacing mine with Windows 7

Anything .gif .jpg .png probably .bmp and any other standard photo file will work, I get this problem when trying to link to something a URL that doesn't end in a file extension, this is down to the website you are linking from, probably to stop people hot linking, the link needs to look like ths:

http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/giant-shooting-bow-and-arrow.gif

If the photo is that good and you can't link it, you can normally save a local copy and upload to FT*, and if you can't link, or save the file, take a screen print of the photo, crop it save it and upload to FT.

*If you want to upload a photo, go to more reply options and you can attach files to a post.

As above, if the image is from Google then it will end with a load of junk and not a dot extension ie. .jpeg > when this happens you need to right click the image and press 'View Image' rather than 'Copy Image Location', go to the original image and then use that link

Archived