Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicesterweb

Levein and Hamill audio interviews after Bury

As proof I have too much time on my hands...

Translation:

Interviewer: Well Joe, I’m sure you're pleased enough just to get into the starting line up today but then to get a goal as well on your debut, must have just capped everything off...?

Hamill: Aye, well, that's what I said to the boys, I'm just delighted to get a game and play, but it was a bonus scoring, I was delighted to score, but I need to play, just trying to get my game first.

Interviewer: You caught it sweetly as well...

Hamill: Aye, I caught it well but I think it took a deflection, but it was always going in... I’ll claim that one!

Interviewer: It was always going to be an awkward game here today, as you were expected to win the match...

Hamill: Aye well, it's a banana skin, you come to a place like this and people expect upsets. But I think the way we played, the professionalism was different class

Interviewer: Some big clubs have gone out tonight, so it can happen.

Hamill: Aye it can happen, I've not had a look at the results myself. But aye, it can happen, obviously aye.

Interviewer: How did you enjoy settling into midfield?

Hamill: I enjoyed it well, there are a lot of good players in midfield, I enjoyed playing with them

Interviewer: And you got the hug the touchline, and as you said I’m sure there were players around you that talked you into it, made you feel at ease.

Hamill: They’ve done that since I arrived, they’ve talked me into it and made me feel welcome, so its made it a lot easier for me, on the pitch and off. And we got a bit of a bonus when they were down to ten men so it just spurred the game on. It was harder for them.

Interviewer: The other idea I suppose ‘just keep possession and run the time down’?

Hamill: Aye, or run them, they were tired and we just got chances.

Interviewer: Just tell me a bit about how you decided to come down here, obviously Craig Levein and the other three former Hearts players were a big factor in that?

Hamill: Aye, they were a big factor. It was Craig who gave me my chance at Hearts, so when I eventually heard the idea of me coming to Leicester I didn’t hang about twice to be honest, I just came straight away.

Interviewer: Did you think that perhaps with George Burley that you weren’t going to get as many chances?

Hamill: Well that’s what it was, I wasn’t in his plans. I’m sure. At my age I didn’t want to hang about. I had a year left and I didn’t want to hang about, sitting in the stands or whatever.

Interviewer: And of course when you first arrived Craig played it down, didn’t want to get too excited, said you would be part of the squad initially in this first season. You’ve come in now, made your debut, scored a goal, you’re going to be a fans hero!

Hamill: Nah, nah, nah, nah, I’ve still got a long way to go, I still need to fight for my place. I will fight for my place, but I don’t think that (a fan's hero) is me.

Interviewer: Great to talk to you, thanks for your time

Hamill: Cheers, thanks a lot

I must admit I missed out a few 'aye's' though. :P

Archived