Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Silverdaz

Penalties

I can't believe there's not a clearly defined hierarchy of say 5 players to prepare for the eventuality that Mahrez and Ulloa might not be on the pitch.

That would seem the sensible option but I remember a muzzy izzet interview after he scored his first in his stint as our penalty taker.

He said that nobody else wanted to step up so he thought why not, scored it and the rest is history.

Pretty sure we found out that Nugent's conversion rate was on the average a while back. So it's really not correct to say he regularly missed.

There was a long period in the Ch'ship winning season where he was actually ahead of the curve w/r to finishing off pens.

I can't believe there's not a clearly defined hierarchy of say 5 players to prepare for the eventuality that Mahrez and Ulloa might not be on the pitch.

It happened with corners too after Albrighton and Mahrez had gone off.

Drinkwater stepped up for the first one, flunked it and then didn't want anything to do with the next one which resulted in King taking it just because no one else was going to.

Should be properly organised with these things and prepared for all eventualities - it's not like they haven't got time to sort these things out when they only train for about three hours everyday.

Archived