Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finchy

Festival Thread

With a few lineups starting to come out, where are people thinking of going this year?

I think i'll give Reading & Leeds a miss now, last year was awful, not the line up just the atmosphere. It's become a festival for 14 year olds to get pissed and listen to whatever bands Radio 1 tells them to like. It amazing how much it's changed in a short amount of time. Not to mention the price!

Anyway thinking of a foreign festival this year, out of the line ups announced so far, Southside in Germany looks a good bet. Massive Attack, The Strokes, The Prodigy, The Gaslight Anthem, Faithless, The XX and Porcupine Tree on the lineup so far. 120 Euros.

Also this Polish festival called Open'er, which is only £70 for a weekend ticket! So far the line up includes, Pearl Jam, Kasabian and Gorillaz sound system.

With a few lineups starting to come out, where are people thinking of going this year?

I think i'll give Reading & Leeds a miss now, last year was awful, not the line up just the atmosphere. It's become a festival for 14 year olds to get pissed and listen to whatever bands Radio 1 tells them to like. It amazing how much it's changed in a short amount of time. Not to mention the price!

Anyway thinking of a foreign festival this year, out of the line ups announced so far, Southside in Germany looks a good bet. Massive Attack, The Strokes, The Prodigy, The Gaslight Anthem, Faithless, The XX and Porcupine Tree on the lineup so far. 120 Euros.

Also this Polish festival called Open'er, which is only £70 for a weekend ticket! So far the line up includes, Pearl Jam, Kasabian and Gorillaz sound system.

Sounds quality

Ill be going V in August, Kasabian and KOL rumoured to be headlining

tottally agree about reading and leeds was shocking last year and is getting to expensive, if you want a good festival you cant beat Benicassim in valencia its about 2 hours from reus airport which is easy to get a cheap flight to and they do a free bus to the fesitval. Its about £150.00 for a 4 day festival and is right on the beach so if there aint anyone good one can just go to the beach! bands so far kasabien,prodigy,the specials,ian brown,dizzie rascal

tottally agree about reading and leeds was shocking last year and is getting to expensive, if you want a good festival you cant beat Benicassim in valencia its about 2 hours from reus airport which is easy to get a cheap flight to and they do a free bus to the fesitval. Its about £150.00 for a 4 day festival and is right on the beach so if there aint anyone good one can just go to the beach! bands so far kasabien,prodigy,the specials,ian brown,dizzie rascal

Couple of friends went last year and were loving it until they had to evacuate for a fire

wacken_festival_2010.jpg

Alice Cooper, Motley Crue, Slayer, Iron Maiden, Candlemass etc etc.

The line up this year is even better than last year!!!

I'm also considering going to Bloodstock Festival just to see Devin Townsend. If Download have tickets available around Easter then I'll also look at getting one.

I'll definitely be going to Leeds this year, although there are always so many bellends with the sole intention of being complete dicks that go there. But for me there are always so many bands there that I love, it's pretty much the highlight of my year. Worth the cash in my opinion.

T in the Park is also very, very tempting but I'll have to assess the costs of all that.

I'll definitely be going to Leeds this year, although there are always so many bellends with the sole intention of being complete dicks that go there. But for me there are always so many bands there that I love, it's pretty much the highlight of my year. Worth the cash in my opinion.

T in the Park is also very, very tempting but I'll have to assess the costs of all that.

you should get yourself to Pukkelpop in Belgium it's many bands that appear at Reading/ Leeds and cheaper worth checking out anyway been told it's ace

Exactly this.

I'm actually strongly considering sacking off Leeds now for T in the Park. Just looking through the lineup properly makes it impossible to miss.

But how the hell is Jay-Z not headlining over Kasabian? Would love to see a bit of Renegade...

Edited by Joe.

V festival

Kings of Leon, Kasabian, Stereophonics, Faithless, The Prodigy, David Guetta, The Kooks, Paul Weller, Paolo Nutini, Florence And The Machine, Pet Shop Boys, and Cheryl Cole.

Also confirmed as playing are Madness, Editors, White Lies, Mika, Groove Armada, The Courteeners, The Charlatans, The Temper Trap, Amy Macdonald, Goldfrapp, Shed Seven, Newton Faulkner, La Roux, Skunk Anansie, Passion Pit, Ellie Goulding, Paloma Faith, Plan B, Sugababes, Pixie Lott, Chase & Status, and Imogen Heap.

V festival

Kings of Leon, Kasabian, Stereophonics, Faithless, The Prodigy, David Guetta, The Kooks, Paul Weller, Paolo Nutini, Florence And The Machine, Pet Shop Boys, and Cheryl Cole.

Also confirmed as playing are Madness, Editors, White Lies, Mika, Groove Armada, The Courteeners, The Charlatans, The Temper Trap, Amy Macdonald, Goldfrapp, Shed Seven, Newton Faulkner, La Roux, Skunk Anansie, Passion Pit, Ellie Goulding, Paloma Faith, Plan B, Sugababes, Pixie Lott, Chase & Status, and Imogen Heap.

Quality line-up there!! Was going to this anyway but even more so now!! Have never been to a festival before, how easy is it to get tickets assuming i'm online at 9am and also does anyone know how many tickets each person can purchase, can't find it anywhere????

Cheers

Quality line-up there!! Was going to this anyway but even more so now!! Have never been to a festival before, how easy is it to get tickets assuming i'm online at 9am and also does anyone know how many tickets each person can purchase, can't find it anywhere????

Cheers

Went to V for the first time last year. My Dad got the tickets within 10 mins of them going on sale. I think you can purchase 4 per person but im not to sure.

Fingers crossed I can get my tickets tommorow on the Virgin pre-sale, Yesterday was the last day to get a code for it im afraid.

V festival

Was hoping for a better lineup to be honest. Will probably still go as its so close.

Cant wait to see Prodigy and Kasabian again.

Was hoping for a better lineup to be honest. Will probably still go as its so close.

Cant wait to see Prodigy and Kasabian again.

Pretty sure they will clash mate