Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finchy

Festival Thread

When I saw them at Trent FM Arena, they did LSF last and it went on for about 10 minutes, people were singing it in the streets all the way back to the car.

:D

That's what I love. Saw them at Wembley supporting Oasis and it was the same.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to Roskilde Festival in Denmark a month ago, and saw my first Kasabian concert. It was class. There weren't that many people because they're not as big here as they are in the UK. My brother and I were waving about with a Leicester shirt though, and both Serge and Tom commented on it. It was great! One of the best concerts I've ever seen.

I can recommend Roskilde to anyone who wants to experience a festival outside of the UK. It's brilliant!!

im going to reading in a few weeks with one mate but the only problem is we bought 2 day tickets which means were not supposed to camp , its been a few years since i last went to reading so does anyone know best way to get into campsite or any campsites near? ive looked at all hotels in area and there all booked :frusty::dunno:

im going to reading in a few weeks with one mate but the only problem is we bought 2 day tickets which means were not supposed to camp , its been a few years since i last went to reading so does anyone know best way to get into campsite or any campsites near? ive looked at all hotels in area and there all booked :frusty::dunno:

Sell them on Ebay and buy weekend tickets - you'll probably even save money compared to Hotels, etc

Sell them on Ebay and buy weekend tickets - you'll probably even save money compared to Hotels, etc

brilliant should be able to sell day tickets for at least 400 then hopefully buy weekend tickets for 450 by the looks of it , bit of hassle but at least i know where im sleeping and i get to stay all weekend , not sure my liver will be as happy though :rolleyes:

Not had my tickets yet but it's usually about 10/10:30 when the coaches leave leicester and about the same on the way back. Are you two getting dropped off at Bramham park or at the station then getting a shuttle bus? I considered getting national express seperately but I was worried I wouldn't get a weekend ticket so took the safe option and got a coach package aha.

Where are you guys planning to camp?

Not had my tickets yet but it's usually about 10/10:30 when the coaches leave leicester and about the same on the way back. Are you two getting dropped off at Bramham park or at the station then getting a shuttle bus? I considered getting national express seperately but I was worried I wouldn't get a weekend ticket so took the safe option and got a coach package aha.

Where are you guys planning to camp?

Sounds like you'll be on the same coach as us on the way back then. Yeah shuttle bus from the station, absolute nightmare last year. Queues are ridiculous and takes forever. Thankfully there is a Greggs in there. :D

We camped in red last year, less of us this year, think about five this time. Will probably end up in red again, wasn't far from the arena, near toilets, a burger stand, DJ's and fair so can't complain really. Where you camping?

Sounds like you'll be on the same coach as us on the way back then. Yeah shuttle bus from the station, absolute nightmare last year. Queues are ridiculous and takes forever. Thankfully there is a Greggs in there. :D

We camped in red last year, less of us this year, think about five this time. Will probably end up in red again, wasn't far from the arena, near toilets, a burger stand, DJ's and fair so can't complain really. Where you camping?

A few pizza slices will help pass the time while you're waiting then :P.

Sounds like you weren't far from my group, we camped at the red/blue divide on the hill, like you say, it's close to the toilets (not too close though), burger stand and only a 10-15 minute walk to the arena. The good thing about being there on the wednesday is at least you have your say on where you camp, whereas on thursday you're lucky if you find a spot in blue/red/white or yellow.

Can't wait for it now, i just want the next four weeks to fly by now :D

• 3 weeks later...

Just come back from summer sundae.

Los campesinos stole the show for me. With a set mixed with songs from their new and old album. Then for the final song, the lead singer stood on the speakers at the front of the stage and got the front of the crowd to make a gap. He then leapt from the stage, trying to land on the rail then step into the crowd, but completely missed the rail and fell face first into the demontfort hall floor leaving bllod pouring down his face.

Roots manuva also played a very good set in demontfort hall.

Just come back from summer sundae.

Los campesinos stole the show for me. With a set mixed with songs from their new and old album. Then for the final song, the lead singer stood on the speakers at the front of the stage and got the front of the crowd to make a gap. He then leapt from the stage, trying to land on the rail then step into the crowd, but completely missed the rail and fell face first into the demontfort hall floor leaving bllod pouring down his face.

Roots manuva also played a very good set in demontfort hall.

Yes he did. A very,very good set

• 2 weeks later...

Kasabian were class at V Fest, quality gig got turned in to a City love fest and even finished the final song LSF with a "Blue Army" chant.

Big performances from Madness and Faithless, Paul Weller was awesome.

Kings of leon were disapointing, wish id have gone to The Charletans.

Kasabian were class at V Fest, quality gig got turned in to a City love fest and even finished the final song LSF with a "Blue Army" chant.

Big performances from Madness and Faithless, Paul Weller was awesome.

Kings of leon were disapointing, wish id have gone to The Charletans.

Kasabian were immense at Chelmsford on Sunday. The best act of the weekend by far.

Wasn't impressed with Kings of Leon either. Faithless put on a great show.

Golden Looking Chain were very amusing also.

Kasabian were immense at Chelmsford on Sunday. The best act of the weekend by far.

Wasn't impressed with Kings of Leon either. Faithless put on a great show.

Golden Looking Chain were very amusing also.

GLC were walking round our campsite trying to get people to come and watch them !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Or not.

Benicassim is looking on the cards. Strokes and Arctic Monkeys look like a bloody good headline pairing, I don't know enough about Primal Scream at the moment...

try the Vanishing point album! my favourite pretty dark and menacing try Kowalski and if they move kill em both great tracks.

They are also live on 6music tonight!