Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
rejected

Brand new football book - includes letter from LCFC

First of all, thank you for allowing me to post on your forum, it is much appreciated. Basically I have written a book that I think your fans might be interested in.

Over the last 8 years I have written to EVERY football club in the country (all 92 league clubs and the national team) applying to be their first team manager using funny letters. 

The book compiles all of my applications and the responses I got from the clubs. Well, those who responded and gave permission. 

Leicester City were one of the first clubs I applied too and they replied, they were also good enough to let me publish it. 6 of the clubs who replied denied me permission!! 

Since it came out I've been in a few papers, on a few radio stations including the H and J show on talkSPORT. 

It is available on Amazon as an eBook for just £2.99 - here is the link - 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01M0Y3UPL/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1479545942&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=rejected

Thanks for allowing me to post and I hope you enjoy it if you have a read. Early reviews have been brilliant. 

It is also available as a paperback. I am distributing it, for any of your fans in Yorkshire it is WHSmith in Meadowhall and Sheffield. 

A few football clubs are selling it and it is also on eBay.

Thank you everyone and I hope you enjoy it if you take a punt and get it.

3 minutes ago, casablancas said:

This has actually stoked my interest. Best of luck dude. 

Thanks mate. It is selling really well. I am actually a secondary school PE teacher so had NO expectations for sales but it is doing ok and reviews and feedback has been brilliant. Hope you enjoy it if you get it; I'm sure you will. 

Just now, rejected said:

Thanks mate. It is selling really well. I am actually a secondary school PE teacher so had NO expectations for sales but it is doing ok and reviews and feedback has been brilliant. Hope you enjoy it if you get it; I'm sure you will. 

I'm off work being poorly sick with epilepsy and have gone through a load of books. Will pick this up and give it a go mate. 

32 minutes ago, stevebrock said:

it was the day before the Spurs Leicester game as i was travelling down there and you cam on the radio - well done I'm going to buy it - you did say you had quite a few funny replies

all the best 

Thank you - much appreciated.

And thank you for going to get a copy, hope you enjoy. Sure you will. Let me know what you think. 

8 hours ago, The Fox Covert said:

I got a letter from LCFC once. A work friend who was in our little Championship Manager lunchtime league wrote to LCFC on my behalf, without telling me, after McGit walked out. 

So when I got home from work one day there was an envelope on my doormat with the official LCFC crest on.

Class - hope you enjoy the book if you get it, sure you will!!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived