Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Deathside

USB Drum Kit

Had a USB drum kit arrived at work for testing and evaluation

Most fun friday I've had at work in a long time - I can't drum but I can play a basic beat :ph34r:

If the pedals were more reliable I'd consider buying myself one

It was fun while it lasted - But now both pedals have stopped working :mad:

my sister has a fantastic electronic drum kit. its got all the pads, snear drums and pedals etc the only difference it being electrical so you can get all different sounds and that its great, she got a bass guitar tune from playing the drums how mad eh.

i had a go

i was flipping useless

my sister has a fantastic electronic drum kit. its got all the pads, snear drums and pedals etc the only difference it being electrical so you can get all different sounds and that its great, she got a bass guitar tune from playing the drums how mad eh.

i had a go

i was flipping useless

Any idea what make / model & pricepoint Tom?

Had a USB drum kit arrived at work for testing and evaluation

Most fun friday I've had at work in a long time - I can't drum but I can play a basic beat :ph34r:

If the pedals were more reliable I'd consider buying myself one

Nah, you can't beat the real thing :D

I second that, however have never tried an electronic kit so I guess I'm not in an ideal position to compare the two.

Seen bands play with electronic kits and it just doesn't sound (or look) right - it's an acoustic kit for me any day of the week.

Rock on!

:punk:

I second that, however have never tried an electronic kit so I guess I'm not in an ideal position to compare the two.

Seen bands play with electronic kits and it just doesn't sound (or look) right - it's an acoustic kit for me any day of the week.

Rock on!

You miss the points

1. I can't get away with an actual drum kit at my house for reasons of size and volume - The USB kit has a much smaller footprint than a real kit and the volume is controlled by the PC (Also it can be used with headphones)
  2. I can play a basic beat and need excessive practace to progress - However I am too self conscious to let people hear my bad playing - For reason explained above I can practace with a USB kit without being heard

Any idea what make / model & pricepoint Tom?

Ill find out for you...

i know it was in the four figure mark possibly £1250 (eek!) but it still only took half the room of a normal drum kit.

I played the drums quite regularly as a 9-12 yr old but soon lost my skillz :(

Ill find out for you...

i know it was in the four figure mark possibly £1250 (eek!) but it still only took half the room of a normal drum kit.

I played the drums quite regularly as a 9-12 yr old but soon lost my skillz :(

If you can play you can play, the rest is just practise... :D

You miss the points

1. I can't get away with an actual drum kit at my house for reasons of size and volume - The USB kit has a much smaller footprint than a real kit and the volume is controlled by the PC (Also it can be used with headphones)
  2. I can play a basic beat and need excessive practace to progress - However I am too self conscious to let people hear my bad playing - For reason explained above I can practace with a USB kit without being heard

That makes sense ... you didn't make these points in your original post and unfortunately I'm not a clairvoyant ....

I've also got a Bill Sanders practice for the same reasons you stated above (USB kits didn't exist when I started playing!), but that now lives in the shed as I have been rehearsing with a band again recently.

I guess if I was starting again then I would invest in a USB kit for home use. I assume you can also record what you play? Could be a great way to add drums to home made demo's ....

Rock on!

Agree totally. Vile things. :(

Archived