Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes_Trust

Have You Bought Train Tickets for Carlisle?

Good work foxes Trust!

I read somewhere fans are entitled to compensation if they can't get to a match thats re-arranged? (Not entirly the same but surely its worth a case. There is no legit reason to hold us back!)

What they all said - well done.

Campaigning on fans' issues is what you should have been doing all along and this is a very welcome improvement in your activities. Keep this up and I'll consider taking up a new membership (I'm sure I won't be alone). :clap:

Apparently the lockin after the game has been miss reported (as there are no legal gounds?), they are only making us aware we may be locked in after the match if either set of fans causes any trouble. The police get more bizzare by the minute.

As a lifelong city fan from Coalville, who now lives in Carlisle I am somewhat concerned about fans travelling to the match on Saturday by rail.

As has been said, the returning train leaves Carlisle at 5.15pm and as it takes a good 15 to 20 minutes to walk back to the station it's highly likely that people will miss the train. Below is an excerpt from the Carlisle O.S. posted on 4/12/08,

'With an estimated 750 to 1000 Foxes fans expected to make the trip north, we raised concerns that we may find a situation whereby some supporters may miss the outward journey simply because of the tight timescales involved.'

In addition, Managing Director John Nixon is quoted as saying:-

"We clarified the situation with regards to the timing of the train departure after the game and it quickly became apparant that there was no possibility of a later train journey. Our next option was to move the kick-off timing forward, and the Police agreed that this was acceptable. However, Leicester City have informed us that they would not prefer to do that, so the kick off timing for this fixture remains at 3pm"

Finally I have heard unconfirmed reports that City fans will be locked in at the end of the game if there is any serious chance of trouble after the game

Archived