Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

The Sun's Dream Team

Who's in yours? If anyone is entering I suggest you enter before midnight because you can enter 2 teams for the price of 1!

The team I orignally thought of;

(Team 1)

P. Robinson - £4m

Matt Taylor - £1.5m

J. Terry - £8m

D. Mills - £1.5m

A. Ferdinand - £1.5m

F. Lampard - £8m

D. Dunn - £1.5m

G. Kavanagh - £1m

M. Holland - £2m

T. Henry - £8m

M. Bent- £3m

and my "free" team which I have just made up quickly because I have only just found out about the offer is;

(Team 2)

Given

Onuoha

Jaidi

King

A. Ferdinand

Hendrie

Savage

S Wright-Phillips

Henry

Ellington

Defoe

Just wondering what to call my teams now :unsure:

Anyone else entering? What's you team?

Van Der Saar (Man Utd)

del Horno (Chelsea)

Jaidi (Bolton)

Hibbert (Everton)

Onuoha (Man City)

Hleb (Arsenal)

Bullard (Wigan)

Carrick (Spurs)

Henry (Arsenal)

Defoe (Spurs)

Ellington (Wigan)

146346[/snapback]

Whats your team name and what supporters league are you in?!

Bloody hell thinking of a names hard! I'm struggling on my first teams name let alone my free team! :unsure:

I need some inspiration, give me some suggestions people! :ph34r:;)

I have scrapped the orignal plans for my second (Free) team I felt it had too many of the players from my first team in it, so my second team is now;

Given

Onuoha

Jaidi

King

A. Ferdinand

Hendrie

Savage

S Wright-Phillips

Henry

Ellington

Defoe

Team: Ade 'Clinical' Akinbiyi

S. Taylor

Cunningham

Hunt

Carragher

Carvalho

Mendieta

Scholes

M.G Pederson

Luis Garcia

Crespo

Rooney

[bit of a risk with Taylor and Crespo as they may not be regulars, plus I'm gambling on Mendieta's fitness]

Team: Micky Mourinho's XI

Reina

Gabbidon

Hibbert

Reizeger

Knight

Robben

M.G Pederson

Diop

Cahill

Forsell

Van Nistelrooy

[this team is a bit iffy, esp. the defence, but I'm hopinh the midfield/forwards will compensate for that] :unsure:

Paid and entered now, I've called my first team Leicester City XI and thats in the Liverpool supporters league, My second team is called Foxes Gremio (Apparently in Portugese Gremio mean United and in Brazilian Gremio means Pro Team - Which I thought was pretty cool :cool:) my second team is in the Birmingham supporters league.

What league are you teams in Anish?!

Is the confirmation e-mail meant to come vertually straight away? :unsure: Because I joined a few hours ago now and still havn't recived a e-mail :unsure:

I printed all my confirmation off, but it said i'd also recived a e-mail...

marks masters (west end premiership mini league) ( bham supporters league)

given

hibbert

o brian

upson

distin

carrick

dyer

lampard

s davies

forssell

defoe

Paid and entered now, I've called my first team Leicester City XI and thats in the Liverpool supporters league, My second team is called Foxes Gremio (Apparently in Portugese Gremio mean United and in Brazilian Gremio means Pro Team - Which I thought was pretty cool :cool:) my second team is in the Birmingham supporters league.

What league are you teams in Anish?!

Is the confirmation e-mail meant to come vertually straight away?  :unsure: Because I joined a few hours ago now and still havn't recived a e-mail  :unsure:

I printed all my confirmation off, but it said i'd also recived a e-mail...

146466[/snapback]

Wigan and Sunderland - I always go for the relegation haunted teams in the hope that they are less well supported and that I have more chance of being higher!

I haven't received my confirmation yet either, so I wouldn't worry. You can still login though.

Wigan and Sunderland - I always go for the relegation haunted teams in the hope that they are less well supported and that I have more chance of being higher!

I haven't received my confirmation yet either, so I wouldn't worry. You can still login though.

146488[/snapback]

Is that a joke Anish?! :unsure:

Is that a joke Anish?! :unsure:

146544[/snapback]

No. Because if you think about it there are hundreds of thousands of people who enter the Dream Team. A lot of them will be Premiership fans, so they will join their own team's supporters club. However, many other people who enter will support teams outside the Premiership (like me, Matt, Mr Chainsaw etc) and those people are more likely to join a bigger team's supporters league (Matt has proved this). This therefore leaves the relegation team's supporters league with fewer participants, which is why I join them.

No. Because if you think about it there are hundreds of thousands of people who enter the Dream Team. A lot of them will be Premiership fans, so they will join their own team's supporters club. However, many other people who enter will support teams outside the Premiership (like me, Matt, Mr Chainsaw etc) and those people are more likely to join a bigger team's supporters league (Matt has proved this). This therefore leaves the relegation team's supporters league with fewer participants, which is why I join them.

146564[/snapback]

Ok fair enough I got confused and thought you were saying Sunderland weren't a well supported club :thumbup: You've obviously thought about your tactics carefully good luck to you!

i have 2 teams

The sober squad

G Sorensen

D Matteo

D S Campbell

D A Ferdinand

D Mills

M Tiago

M Bowyer

M Lampard

S A Smith

S Henry

S Angel

and kyle o's foxes

G Reina

D Babayaro

D King

D Mellberg

D G Neville

M Andy Reid

M Scholes

M Tiago

S Bergkamp

S Hasselbaink

S Shearer

147318[/snapback]

Did pay for both teams or enter one team and had a free team?!

What leagues have you entered?

Reina

Jaidi

Ridgewell

Naybet

Mullins

Lampard

Arteta

Lauren Robert

Henry

Rooney

Andy Cole

149658[/snapback]

reina is out for 6 weeks (sky sports news)

jaidi scored 5 goals last season, its a good choice at 2.5m

on the villa website, they say ridgewell is a long term prospect

149689[/snapback]

Nooooo :angry:

149689[/snapback]

Ridgewell will play atleast 25 games next season and at £1 million that's good enough for me. He is also quite handy at set pieces, so he might chip in with a few goals. Plus Martin Laursen is out for the season, so he'll be up the pecking order.

I'll change Reina then, not put mine in yet.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a thought.

Have those of you that have made your dream team also signed up to a mini-league?

I still haven't joined any mini-leagues as my mates haven't bothered to enter this year.

If anyone still hasn't joined a mini-league I could create a FoxesTalk mini-league and people could join that? Or, failing that, could I enter both of my 2 teams in somebody else's league?

Archived