Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Iwebema

Member
  • Posts

    1,145
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Iwebema

  1. Agree its ceiling vs floor debate Wilder = low floor, low ceiling Dyche = high floor, low ceiling Rohl = low floor, high ceiling But when you overlay the fact we dont appear to be able to sign many players and we will be reliant on, a very good, youth academy, it would make the appointment of Wilder/Dyche even more misaligned with what should be our long term vision. Wilder particularly hates data analytics and operates clubs like a Sunday league team, there are of course traits in that which are useful, but football is moving well beyond him at the top level. Rohl offers us the best chance at something long term and strategic, but obviously comes with risk that he may not work out. One thing to consider is if we absolutely have to get promoted year 1 because our finances are in such a mess then you do have to think that Dyche would be the option, its hard to see him failing in the championship with the squad we have. And we should say these options are the only 3 we are discussing because our board are so limited in their football intelligence, there are much better options out there who offer more, but we simply wont look.
  2. It is painful watching us get our pants constantly pulled down by agents and we just carry on as if its just normal. We are all trying to fill the communication void, which is leading to doom mongering. I think its fairly obvious Rohl is the target hence the delay. But you are quite right Dyche and Wilder will be on the "this is taking too long" list because they have good standing with Rudkin. I honestly would rather just give it to King and hope it works out than either Dyche or Wilder personally. But if we have to have one of the 2 its Dyche by some distance. Wilder just operates like lower league manager and only had a bit of success because it was his club. Dyche I think can at least be a success, my worry is at what cost (blocking out youth and lumbering us with more old mercenaries)
  3. Pretty much that. Alot of our deals are done with the same agencies. From what we have heard, we tend to just wait for an agency like them to recommend a player or manager and we just say ok. Which is why recruitment is so bad or at best hit and miss. Couldn't speak to back handers, but some agencies, wasserman particularly look at us like those TV shopping channels do to lonely OAPs with money.
  4. In isolation its not a big deal. But when you layer it on top of everything else the club is failing at, its just adds more weight to the glaring fact we are a disorganised mess at board level.
  5. Bizarre anyone would be having anything more than a playful dig at @SecretPro Last summer it was well known we wanted Potter, got impatient (which is ironic consider how slow we are to do anything) and went for the easy option. There's every chance it could happen again, doesn't mean secretpro was wrong, we are just operated by a bunch of chancers who make footballing decisions by throwing darts most of the time. And for what its worth Rohl still looks the favourite to me, but you can absolutely see a world where they go "shit weve left it too long" and just appoint whoever does the best PowerPoint presentation from the tombola of out of work managers.
  6. I know logic and this board dont go hand in hand. But the fact nothings been said makes me think it has to be Rohl, if it was Dyche he would be in by now, theres nothing stopping that from happening and why would you let training start without him if he was the guy.
  7. Chris Coleman on the books of his agency...👀
  8. I'm sure Dyche can coach that out of him. 😅
  9. Take it for what its worth, but I know someone connected to Plymouth and they told me that BBM had essentially told Plymouth hes waiting to hear on something else. Its only since Wymsey posted hes heard its Dyche or someone internal that I'd even considered we would be the something else. And if that is true then we are back in the same circle as before, how can the choice be between 2 complete polar opposites on the football spectrum. Its got vibes of Rudkin wanting his mate Dyche, similar to the Cooper appointment and Top wanting the man city esq football appointment. You would think that alone would be a big red flag for an Owner to notice that you are completely unaligned with the person advising you on football decisions....
  10. We were officially a championship club on the 4th June following the AGM, so I would assume that is not the trigger we had hoped in terms of lowering compensations to RVN or for Rohl etc. I still find it hard to believe we are going to keep RVN, I cant see how we can go from this to suddenly saying you were the guy all along (although we are absolutely bonkers these days) My assumption either there is a specific date in his contract where wages and compensation is lower further down the line or we are waiting for the PSR year to end unless we sell someone first because we are that close. Either way the whole situation is completely ridiculous, its beyond me how anyone can sit back and watch this and think its fine and normal.
  11. That was my initial reaction. Havent really thought it through, but they just feel like a good fit.
  12. I was all for Carrick a year ago, felt he was doing a good job just didn't have the players. But this season the same issues repeated, his teams seem a bit weak mentally. I can see him being an attractive option for King Power especially now hes free. There feels like one too many red flags for me.
  13. I'm sure one of if not both Winks and Coady are in that range after a promotion bonus. It also wouldn't surprise me to see someone like Soumare up there considering when we bought him we thought we were pushing top 4.
  14. What else am I supposed to do instead of working!? 😅
  15. I can certainly see the argument that its slim pickings based on how we recruit managers, i.e we wont look far and wide, and he may be the safest person we can get. But I personally dont think hes even close to Nigel in terms of innovation and football strategy. Do I think he could get us back up? Absolutely, minus ludicrous points deductions, I think our squad is going to be very good and it will be hard to fail badly this year. My worry is he neglects or pushes academy products aside and we end up with a team of old cloggers with no resale value and youth products seeing no pathway and just leave. I feel like dyche is on the back end of his mangerial career within the modern game and is heading down the pathway of a Pardew, where he had some success but the game is moving on and if you dont keep up and just look at the new way of doing things as "nonsense" you become irrelevant very quickly. This is of course only an opinion and I would be very happy to be proven wrong if he does come in! It just feels like a classic lazy and easy appointment. I'm going to remain hopeful that we can find a way to get Rohl as unlikely as it feels.
  16. From Russell Martin to Sean Dyche in a matter of weeks. The strategic footballing minds operating the club are on another level. I get some people want Dyche just because they want someone to put the boot in on some of the players (which i tottally understand), but its such a bad fit for where we are and such a short term-ism appointment, to get back to where we want to be we need to be focused on our academy and finding smart signings that we can turn a profit on, when you look at how other clubs of a similar size are operating successfully in the modern game its leaving people like Dyche behind much like our board...its painful to watch how little thought process goes into running this club.
  17. Its really interesting to see how highly rated Martin is within football, but i dont think theres a fan base out there that wants him ha
  18. Fabulous, actually think its a smart move for him aswell. Well done to those at Bournemouth! Haha
  19. 👀
  20. I did wonder at the time if he caught wind of this, it might make him think again, I doubt the club care, but hes made quite a big deal about only going somewhere that the fans and club will get on board with him.
  21. I cant see how it can be RVN, surely you cant go from him publicly and repeatedly stating the club arent talking to me, to he was staying all along. Than again this board as insane, so I shouldn't rule it out.
  22. This is it, it has all been completely avoidable and no one has suffered any consequences other than the fans. The people that drove the club down are still in power, untouchable and unaccountable. I could just about accept what has transpired over the last few years if there was genuine acknowledgement and accountability about how it happened mixed with consequences for those who oversaw it.
  23. I'm just echoing what a lot of you have so eloquently put here, for me it's always been a combination of laziness and incompetence. The constant belief that everything will be fine so we just stand still. Didn't strengthen the squad to make the champions league when we could. Too loyal to Rodgers in every aspect and followed him without question in the mire. Couldn't be arsed to get involved in complex sales discussions or contract negotiations with talent that eventually left on a free, this in particular always drove me crazy, I always used to say to my friends, do they think that Thai loyalty extends both ways because football is ruthless and you cant run a business like that. I know @moore_94 put together a long list of failings a while ago and when you read them and then say to youself the only people who faced the consequences of such an epic list of failure is the fans having to sit through it all, its very difficult to take. At least I think its difficult to take even if some believe the current regime can do no wrong.
  24. If we make the assumption the club are making plans, I would imagine they are stuck between when they want the severance package to hit given the PSR issue, they may want better clarity on the impacts of that before making a call on when to sack RVN i.e. before 30th June or after. We cant afford to wait until then, but they've made such a cock up of everything we might have to?
  25. I know its all speculation either way as no one seems to have a clue what's going on. But given our history the smart money would be on this. I'm not convinced we've even contemplated anything. As a minimum we would of either removed RVN or said we are keeping him by now, even if we didn't have a replacement confirmed. The silence is deafening.
×
×
  • Create New...