Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Iwebema

Member
  • Posts

    1,145
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Iwebema

  1. I can only assume he's actually trying to win to show he's a capable manager and doesn't trust the youth players to do it for him....you know planning for next season like weve been told we are definitely definitely doing.
  2. Words fail me with that line up. There is no excuse to no start monga, you've decided to play 2 left backs than give him a start. What on earth is the point.
  3. Did we really? That's interesting, honestly felt that every game outside of the Southampton game we were just camped on the oppositions box. I stand corrected! I'm much less negative about the appointment than some on here, I can see a pathway to it being successful but it does feel very predictable amd short term. I maybe naively think we have better wide players than he had at Southampton who he will have to use and can work well in his system at this level. One thing I would say, considering we all know how much play power there is in the dressing room currently, I do think the players would take well to him and enjoy playing his football which is half the battle. Overall I'd much rather look towards Rohl or wider across the football world. But I dont think it will be as bad as some are making out.
  4. Tough to counter attack in the championship when every team you play just sits in and shows no ambition tbf. I dont mind the possession based style, but his particular version of it seems to be on the downward trend, it only really works when you have the best players in the division (which we will arguably have) it always come down to the wingers for me, I dont mind the build up getting it around the box, its when the winger takes the player on, does a step over turns around and passes it backwards. Absolutely drives me nuts. Take your fullback on and get it in the box, all you do by delaying it is allow the opposition to fall back into a good position and shape making it even harder to score unless you smash one in from 25-30 yards. My hope would be this is the element Martin would change, but I wouldn't hold my breath, the only thing he seems to have signalled he'd change is getting his players to be less honest and master the dark arts. He would deserve a chance to show he can tweak it, I also think he would have us in play off contention minus and points deductions. Problem is even if he does get us promoted its hard to see how his brand of football with the quality of player we would have could work in the prem.
  5. https://www.footyheadlines.com/2024/04/all-adidas-2025-26-teamwear-kits.html These are all the Adidas templates, so it will be one of these. The Tiro 25 is the one Liverpool and Arsenal have i think. Its simple and dull as...so expect that... The squadra or campeon would be decent enough I think
  6. Sell him, find a way to get Vestergaard out. Bring in harry darling on a free. Darling Nelsen Coady Okoli Souttar Is a really decent group for the championship
  7. A great example of why PSR doesn't work and was designed to protect them. How can they have messed up so badly and still not be in any trouble? How is that "sustainable"?
  8. Matt Gill - assistant Dean Thornton - GK coach I think and Colin Calderwood was around aswell. I couldn't tell you much about them, but I doubt he would take any job without being given assurances they will be coming with him.
  9. I'm still not sure on the source if this is true or not....but ive felt for a while we were destined to be together. The only real positive I have is I think he will spend more time playing our academy players. But like everyone else, his brand of football cant be successful against our longer term ambitions. It would be another appointment that fits the bill of this board though, goes against the fans so he's already starting up hill, desperate to play a brand of football that only works if you are one of the best teams in the league. He would get my support like any manager but this has Cooper vibes of going south quickly because like Cooper we can already predict what's going to happen.
  10. I havent listened to it, so apologies if this is a silly question, arent the charges related to the season in the championship? And the PL are just executing some of the EFLs case and they will hand it back to the EFL once we are formally an EFL club?
  11. You and @Claudio Fannieri are both right. The rules are a farce but we've also made a complete mess of it and given them no option but to go after us, especially after finding the original loophole despite knowingly breaching by quite some distance. The man city stuff is ridiculous, people keep saying "its complicated", yes they've been under investigation for years. Just feels like an excuse to do nothing...took them 3 months to bring charges against us. My hope is when they do absolutely nothing to Man City, clubs like us, Everton and forest come together rather than throwing pointless counter productive shade at eachother and take the league to court for the anti competitive protect the elite rules they are....but until that day we have to take it on the chin that weve made an absolute mess of compliance and you cant say the league is wrong to come after us given how many blatently obvious own goals weve scored.
  12. @ClaphamFox has a good theory, by delaying they couldn't charge us this season. So you'd have to assume the plan was, we knew we would breach, stay up this year and take the hit next year but with Premier league allowances and the relegation season off the books we would be in a strong position. It's just monumentally backfired and they will use it as additional collateral in trying to get more sanctions against us. Of course you can never rule out pure incompetence when it comes to the people in charge. But given our history with PSR it would be a whole new level of incompetence
  13. I agree with all this, it brings to life how shocking PSR is and how it is unequivocally in place to keep a gap between the elite, masked behind "protecting clubs from bad owners" Our issue is that we've been awful at playing the game, we let so much talent walk away for nothing and overpaid players horrifically, things that, so far, team like brighton haven't/dont do. You just have to always be on it, constant amount of wheeling and dealing. Something we are completely incapable of. The rules are broken, but whilst we have them we need people in charge who have the football knowledge to navigate them as best as possible.
  14. On the financial issue it is the same thing, the tribunal has just given the PL the green light on jurisdiction to do something about it as the PL were not sure on their own rules. But there are 2 more charges now being levied, we didn't submit our accounts on time (31st December 2024) and we have been obstructive. I find it hard to find a way around the first two, the last one is more subjective, will depend on evidence.
  15. Both things can be true... PSR is anti competitive and designed purely to keep anyone from breaking into the "elite" But also we as a club have made an utter shambles of any attempt to comply by offering out extortionate undeserved wages, signing endless flops and letting talent leave for free because we dont have any internal football strategy.
  16. I think this is a question about jurisdiction. In January they were still locked in the legal battle about what they could and couldn't do given we had been between 2 leagues. The issue has now been resolved in the premier leagues favour meaning they now can seek to charge us for the championship season. They've written off the 2022 relegation season due to the legal loop hole.
  17. Think the 89m losses in the first relegation season drop off at the end of this accounting period. Should give us some wiggle room for the summer pending punishments.
  18. I'm still not sure if we were allowed to lose 83m or 105m in the period up until the end of last season based in the season in the championship I thought it was 83m. But reading around it suggests that we were at 206m losses at the end of the championship season. So well over both figures, but I dont think these figures from the BBC and Telegraph include KDH and Enzo if they were within the same accounts. Looking ahead the positive if those 2 horrendous years between 21-23 will fall off and we were only at a 19m loss in 23/24 so in theory we shouldn't be as broken as before.....
  19. It will be for next season, it will take them a few months to figure out if they can do anything. I would expect starting the season on - 3 or -6 points. It would just be nice if it actually led to some kind of shake up in how the clubs operated, but I won't hold my breath.
  20. I assume this is invoking the new rule change they bought in since we exposed the loop hole? PL and EFL can impose eachothers sanctions essentially. If I haven't got that wrong then they didn't waste anytime, they are desperate to get us. In honesty its quite tiresome to keep up with it all. Whilst the intent of PSR I agree with, its design is broken and anti competitive. That said the rules are the rules, people in the club, who we can be sure we know are responsible, have to take responsibility and take their mis management on the chin. The annoying thing is we all know we will draw this out with court battles and loop holes and no one in the club will be held to account and we won't change our ways. I mean the money we are reportedly paying winks and coady should be enough to say we most likely breached, why in earth we gave contracts out like that....
  21. With a game to go, one of the best ever Liverpool teams who have been lauded over all season, are only 2 points better off than that lucky leicester team who only won it because everyone else was rubbish. 🤪
  22. Will be interesting to see if the kinder sentiment hes got for beating 2 worse teams than us is still here if we get absolutely tonked by Bournemouth next week. Whilst I maintain hes had a terrible pass and the issues really lay above him, he's not endeared himself to me as the manager we need to operate under this circus. His team selections in particular baffle me and I dont think I can easily forget all the unwanted records he broke..that said I would much rather keep him than appoint Martin or Dyche...I think 😅
  23. @Foxes_Trust just want to say since the new board members have come on and there was the backlash against the response to 2022 relegation, I think you and the trust have bounced back from it positively. You are more active and you appear to be trying to find ways of holding the club to account. I appreciate your openness to change and the resilience you've shown to fight through the negativity to try and make the foxestrust a better representation of the fans. 👍
  24. I think the Vardy show backfired on them a bit. The reason why it's been so difficult to muster up much of an atmosphere against them is because alot of the anti board fan base have stayed away, or gone home early after being battered. Today forced alot of people back and to sit there all game regardless of the score to see the king off and the impact in relation to this was noticeable
  25. For me he was always too weak under Rodgers, looked scared and timid, didn't like defending the back post. But since he's come back, he doesn't look physically bigger but he has become noticeably more physical and aggressive in his game play. Very happy to have him next season, we are building a nice homegrown young team again which would bring me back from the despair of this season and the end of Vardy.
×
×
  • Create New...